Filter for 04 Corrolla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed some recomendations for an oil filter for my 04 Corrolla 1zz fe engine. I was considering regulator Purolator 14476, Toyota OEM or Denso First Time Fit. The purolators are the cheapest, followed by OEM(purodenso) and Denso being the most expensive. This vehicle came originally fitted with a Denso(Made in USA) filter. The part number and labeling for this filter is different from what is avaliable at the stealership. Any issue with using Purolators in the long run.
Any opinion on the Denso First time fit filters and whether they are built in Japan or locally in the USA. There is very little information regarding pricing and quality about these on the forums.

Thanks in advance

The Wix# is 51394.
The 51396 is a slightly longer version (about .4") that will fit if you have the room.
It's the "designated" filter for some other (older?) Toyotas.

I've found the Supertech 4967 and Andvance Auto Parts store brand(Purolator)14476 to be cheaper then the purolator plus 14476.

I have a '95 Corolla, and I've just switched to a Motorcraft FL-400S filter. This thing is huge compared to the OEM Toyota filter, has a silicone ADBV,and the bypass valve is mounted next to the mounting plate. The fit is tight, but there is room. Because of the increased size, you're probably going to want to fill the filter up with some oil before installing it. Otherwise it will take forever to get oil pressure on your first startup.

On the previous two oil changes I used the AC-Delco PF-53 filter which is the one specified for the larger V6 Toyota engine. It fits fine, is much larger than the OEM Toyota filter, but doesn't have the capacity of the Motorcraft filter.

Do not use the SuperTech ST-3614 filter or the comparable STP filter. These have clicker-type bypass valves.

quote:

Originally posted by slalom44:
I have a '95 Corolla, and I've just switched to a Motorcraft FL-400S filter. ..
On the previous two oil changes I used the AC-Delco PF-53 filter which is the one specified for the larger V6 Toyota engine.

I certainly wouldn't recommend that choice due to the big difference in gasket dimensions!

2.475"OD 2.173"ID 0.233" thick.
vs
2.734"OD 2.430"ID 0.226" thick.

Originally posted by Bill Kapaun:
quote:

I certainly wouldn't recommend that choice due to the big difference in gasket dimensions!

The engine block has a machined surface for attaching the oil filter that is much larger than the filter it specifies. Even with the larger gasket, it still has plenty of surface outside of the Motorcraft filter. If I didn't look at it carefully and determine it was safe, I wouldn't recommend it either.

quote:

needed some recomendations for an oil filter for my 04 Corrolla 1zz fe engine.

I am using Mobil 1 filters that I was able to get on eBay for about 6 bucks a piece.
cheers.gif
So far, so good.

-Mario

Ive had an FL-400S on my '94 Tercel 3EE for about 2 months and no problems. It specs the same 4967 filter that most toyota cars do. Id be wary of using a FL-400S on a car under warranty though. Not that it would destroy the car, but you might have issues with making warranty claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back