Fill me in on engine oil rebates

I've heard of the Mobil 1 rebate the most consistently here but what are some other reliable rebates that come out or when should I be looking for them?

Napa rebates of any kind, but namely the $20 filter rebate happening right now. I'd link it, but their check engine light is on. Literally. I'll try to remember to report back with it tomorrow when their site is back up.

Mobil is definitely my favorite rebate (not to be confused with favorite oil) due to their friendly system. The $600-700 I made just from this most recent one speaks for itself. Countless rebates submitted and paid. Never a single issue. In my experience with rebates, which is vast, the only one I've ever had issues with is SOPUS. Twice. I don't make mistakes. In the end, it was made right both times after much stress and headache. Not willing to try a third time. Not trying to discourage anyone, just stating my experience. I don't care for AutoZone at all, but their rebate team is exceptional and blazing fast. Like 8 days to from submission to payday fast. I'd probably have to give them the 'best rebate team' award. Valvoline has never given me issues, but they are slower. Advance Auto and O'Reilly have never failed me, but they're slow as molasses.

I'd love to give Castrol's rebate team a shot and buy a ton of Magnatec and Edge EP, but I question if one even exists...

Napa rebates of any kind, but namely the $20 filter rebate happening right now. I'd link it, but their check engine light is on. Literally. I'll try to remember to report back with it tomorrow when their site is back up.

Mobil is definitely my favorite rebate (not to be confused with favorite oil) due to their friendly system. The $600-700 I made just from this most recent one speaks for itself. Countless rebates submitted and paid. Never a single issue. In my experience with rebates, which is vast, the only one I've ever had issues with is SOPUS. Twice. I don't make mistakes. In the end, it was made right both times after much stress and headache. Not willing to try a third time. Not trying to discourage anyone, just stating my experience. I don't care for AutoZone at all, but their rebate team is exceptional and blazing fast. Like 8 days to from submission to payday fast. I'd probably have to give them the 'best rebate team' award. Valvoline has never given me issues, but they are slower. Advance Auto and O'Reilly have never failed me, but they're slow as molasses.

I'd love to give Castrol's rebate team a shot and buy a ton of Magnatec and Edge EP, but I question if one even exists...

Can you please explain how you made $600-700 from this most recent one?

I did one Pennzoil recently and they sent me a $20 or $22? Shell gas card and it said one per family and/or address! It was for one of my favorite oils Pennzoil Platinum.

It was a quick thing submitting it on their website.

How do y’all know there’s a rebate? Getting off the Amsoil train next spring and going back to Mobil for cost reasons.

How do y’all know there’s a rebate? Getting off the Amsoil train next spring and going back to Mobil for cost reasons.

I jumped off the Amsoil train a few years ago after I discovered BITOG. I still use Amsoil for ATF and differential fluids but they engine oil is overkill for the average user like myself.

I jumped off the Amsoil train a few years ago after I discovered BITOG. I still use Amsoil for ATF and differential fluids but they engine oil is overkill for the average user like myself.
Yeah I hear ya. Love their other products. I may keep the 16.00 automatic withdrawal a year to keep the preferred pricing discount. Maybe now with the oil rebates it may off set that cost so it won’t cost me anything at the end of the year.

Yeah I hear ya. Love their other products. I may keep the 16.00 automatic withdrawal a year to keep the preferred pricing discount. Maybe now with the oil rebates it may off set that cost so it won’t cost me anything at the end of the year.

That is exactly what I do.

Besides watching the sub-forum, Mobil does the same generous rebate each spring and fall, up to 2 x 5qt jugs. You don't have to wonder or watch all the time, just go "hey it's April (or September)." I get two M1 10w30HM each fall/spring usually, and it covers all needs across four vehicles. Works out to about $14 a jug or almost 1/2 off. As mentioned, painless (SOPUS never again), quality product, never have to think about it.

The Mobil 1 rebate is very reliable. I bought two five quart jugs at WM on 8/1 and got my rebate on 8/14. Year or two ago M1 allowed four rebates rather than the usual two.

Besides watching the sub-forum, Mobil does the same generous rebate each spring and fall, up to 2 x 5qt jugs. You don't have to wonder or watch all the time, just go "hey it's April (or September)." I get two M1 10w30HM each fall/spring usually, and it covers all needs across four vehicles. Works out to about $14 a jug or almost 1/2 off. As mentioned, painless (SOPUS never again), quality product, never have to think about it.
Thanks man I’ll look this April. I was thinking on going back to Mobil HM in my Tacoma. I ran in it in my 1st gen. Did it need it no. My current one doesn’t need it but can hurt.

Back