Filet mignon or ribeye in Crock Pot?

HEB here sells preseasoned beef skirt steak and chicken for fajitas. I'm thinking about getting both and throwing it in a crock pot to see how it turns out. Not sure what vegetables to put in with it though besides mushrooms.

i musta confess...
i made a ribeye stew one time and it was awesome!!!

don't over cook it, as ribeye will be ready fast. the whole thing was ready in a jiffy. and i didn't add the slightly browned ribeye to rest of stew until all veggies were within 5 minutes of being done.

go ahead and experiment, just don't over cook,
👌🥣👷‍♂️

Last edited:
Crock pot meat is awesome in tacos! That's what I essentially made it for. I prefer shredded over ground in tacos.

To me, ribeyes are best grilled and a cast iron skillet is all you need for filet mignon. But I’d bet due to the fat content in a ribeye, it will make for a rich braise(which is what is done in a slow or pressure cooker). Even more decadent than the usual chuck roast or stewing beef.

Now, tougher cuts work great in a crockpot or Instant Pot. Ox tails, beef cheeks, short ribs, things like that. Ox tails and short ribs are as much as primal cuts of beef now.

Fresh ground ribeye and chuck 50/50 make great burgers. Filet would get mushy and not do well in a crockpot. It needs high heat as it's tender to begin with.

I made some baby backs in the Crock Pot overnight and they literally fall off the bone. All I did was salt and pepper them, and cover them in Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce and slow cooked them for 10 hours.

Back