Crock pot users

We use ours a lot. My parents like to make various things in them like soup, chili, roast etc. They just used it tonight to make dinner. I don’t typically eat anything made in them though cause I don’t care for it but they like everything they have made in it. Tonight it was beef tips. We have an instant pot too but don’t use it often unless it’s for like fried foods.

We make crockpot recipes all the time. Never bought a new one until this past week.

My wife and I decided to get our daughter a brand new crockpot since she's moving into the same dorm hall as her long-time boyfriend and they both like to cook, but don't have a lot of free time.

Normally we don't buy new appliances. This one was only $12 at an Amazon surplus store and the reviews online were quite good. I think it normally retails for around $50 to $60 on Amazon.

We make crockpot recipes all the time. Never bought a new one until this past week.

My wife and I decided to get our daughter a brand new crockpot since she's moving into the same dorm hall as her long-time boyfriend and they both like to cook, but don't have a lot of free time.

Normally we don't buy new appliances. This one was only $12 at an Amazon surplus store and the reviews online were quite good. I think it normally retails for around $50 to $60 on Amazon.
I wager it will boil everything, no matter the heat settings. All my newer pots do that.

Good luck and I wish you the best.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
chile is an appetizer or the first course to the meal with crackers, not a meal. It means that real food is coming, like having a cup of soup before/with a meal like a salad.
Just boil some pasta, strain it and then ladle the chili into the cooked pasta, problem solved. :ROFLMAO:

I hate the newer crockpots. Low, high, no matter the setting, they boil stuff! Just a matter of which setting boils first.

I have an old one, still my favorite from probably the late 1970's or early 1980's. It will simmer and not boil on low.

Anybody travelling Iowa, can pick up the newer ones for free.
This is correct. I used a non contact thermometer on a newer one. Low was 250F, high was 270F. Still use ours a lot, especially for family get togethers.

This would be like Mexican pasta fagioli. My mother made good pasta e fagioli but it was different than the soup type I often see.
Ole'! :ROFLMAO:

My MIL makes it your mom used to, my mother's is soup based. Italian food is regional, as you already know.

I have been using a crock pot since my college days. I cooked many roasts that way. I haven't used it for roast since about April 2022, whenever I got my pellet grill.

I still use it for stew, split pea soup and some other random things. They are inexpensive and invaluable.

Same as the pellet grill and electric roasting pan, I like items that free up oven and stove top space.

I have two and both get lots of use.

Made all kinds of recipes in them also. The 7 quart one I got for $4 at Goodwill; the knob was missing. Guy at work had same crock pot and didn’t want it so I used that knob.
53S,

Hold onto that $4 crock pot. As reported all over the internet, new crock pots don't do the job, they burn food. A major change int their design has reduced the ability of new slow cookers to- cook slow.

We threw away a brand new crock pot, because it burnt all the food. Research identified the Kitchen Aide slow cooker as the only slow cooker on the market today that does not prematurely burn food.

My Wife threw away her 30 year old fully functioning crock pot when we last moved, she thought it was time enough for a new slow cooker. What a mistake that was.

Back