Female NPT threads on both ends for connecting pipes with male NPT threaded ends

I need a 2 inch pvc coupler that looks just like this -- BUT --- this one has the inside threads ONLY at one end, I need both sides with threads.

1718995381456.jpg

This is for a submersible 2 inch trash pump and one end of this coupler connects to the pump discharge and the other end (if I can find correct part) connects to a 2 inch union adapter for quick disconnect.

I found a very expensive ($22) adapter on Amazon, surely there is something similar for $5 or less - no ?

1718995992978.jpg

In many cases, you can't thread a coupling like that into the mating pieces (or unthread after it's all assembled). You want a UNION.

I don't think you're gonna find anything under $5 when you're in the 2" size range. 1/2" and 3/4" unions will be in the price range though.

Check electrical supply houses. The sizes and threads are the same for plumbing and electrical PVC conduit. If nothing else, they'll have a steel coupling threaded all the way through.

I have the union pieces, do not need those and they were cheap ($7 each)

They thread directly to the female threads but I need a dual-female thread just like the grey image ($22) pictured, if one available for less ?

In many cases, you can't thread a coupling like that into the mating pieces (or unthread after it's all assembled). You want a UNION.

I don't think you're gonna find anything under $5 when you're in the 2" size range. 1/2" and 3/4" unions will be in the price range though.

Already have the union pieces, don't need them

grab two single sided ones and glue them together with a very short piece of unthreaded pipe. Create it.

Back