Fees when cancelling an insurance policy - Progressive.

The funny thing in all of this. While I was still a customer, I was talking to my now ex-insurance agent on the phone, and we had started talking about the other insurance policy first. I mentioned "Progressive", and he starts in with ... You don't want to be with Progressive, our customers aren't happy with them at all. We avoid writing policies with them".

Then I had to inform him that I *did* have a policy with Progressive, and he was the agent for the policy, and that his firm had written it. The two seconds of silence, and then the attempt to walk-back his own statement was classic. Ooops... too late.

Yet another reason why I decided that it was time to take my business elsewhere.

Progressive knows that the amount of money that they're keeping is not worth fighting for, and I'll recover it in savings with lower premiums from the new insurance company, in a few months.. I'm just glad to be rid of them, never to return.

I agree with 777 with shopping around for other insurance when your policy is getting ready to expire. I had been with Erie for a long time and I never felt like I was getting the best rates so I mentioned it to my agent who was able to give me a tiny discount that didn't really amount to much in the end but I had to maintain no tickets or accidents and would go back to the normal rate if I did. In Dec. I started shopping around online for cheaper insurance and I could not find anyone cheaper than Progressive for the coverage that I was paying for, Progressive was less than 1/2 the cost of what Erie was charging me, I also switched the motorcycle over when the renewal was ready, I switched from National General which used to be GMAC and moved it to Progressive. I've found that when dealing with Progressive directly you can only get a 6 month policy from them on vehicles so my renewal just came up again so I shopped around. Progressive actually increased quite a bit over the 6 months I've had them and now getting multi-policy discount it doesn't make sense, the motorcycle I paid separately for the year and my car insurance still had a substantial increase when nothing has changed, no tickets or accidents, credit still about the same, etc.... I shopped around and still couldn't find anyone even close to what they were charging me. I did find cheaper insurance but not for the coverage that I am paying for. I tried Geico to see if they could beat Progressive or not so I replied to their email and listed the vehicles that I had along with the coverage and the amount I was paying to see if they could beat it or not, they didn't even reply back but instead just kept calling my phone non-stop. I did the same with State Farm who actually replied only to say thanks for reaching out to them and that they see that I am happy with my current insurance.

And the little bit that I received back that most people received from their insurance companies, my rate increased more than what they gave me back in return which for me ended in being a total scam.

Back