FEDEX : 10 Days To Get 125 Miles

I was told I'd receive it in 2 to 3 business days and it only comes from the Charlotte NC area which is 125 miles away.
So they sent it to GA, then to Knoxville, then Nashville, then back to Knoxville (that's 85 miles from here), then back to GA, and I won't receive it until they figure out how to get it here in NE TN.
It's been in GA for 2 days. It will be interesting to see where they're going to send it to now.
Unbelievable. It went to Knoxville twice. Somebody seems to have screwed this up.
Why would they ever send it to Nashville and then back to Knoxville again? It doesn't make sense.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scheduled delivery:
Saturday, 5/21/2022 by end of day
IN TRANSIT
Arrived at FedEx location
KENNESAW, GA

GET STATUS UPDATES
Want to know when your package will arrive?
Take more control of your delivery with FedEx Delivery Manager®. Sign up or Log in

FROM
LINCOLNTON, NC US
TO
MOUNTAIN HOME, TN US
Local Scan Time

Date or Time City & State Status
Monday, May 16, 2022
7:03 PM KENNESAW, GA

3:01 PM KNOXVILLE, TN
In transit

In transit to U.S. Postal Service
9:07 AM NASHVILLE, TN

Departed FedEx location
Sunday, May 15, 2022
7:28 PM NASHVILLE, TN

7:15 PM NASHVILLE, TN

In transit
6:33 AM KNOXVILLE, TN

Departed FedEx location
1:55 AM KNOXVILLE, TN

Friday, May 13, 2022
10:22 PM FEDEX SMARTPOST ELLENWOOD, GA

Departed FedEx location
9:41 PM

Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
1:50 PM FEDEX SMARTPOST ELLENWOOD, GA

1:46 PM ELLENWOOD, GA

10:33 AM FOREST PARK, GA

In transit
Thursday, May 12, 2022
9:37 PM CONCORD, NC

Departed FedEx location
8:49 AM CONCORD, NC

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

10:58 PM NEWTON, NC
Left FedEx origin facility

5:51 PM NEWTON, NC
5:51 AM

Shipment information sent to FedEx

Last edited:
I just went through this a few weeks back. I ordered some sway bar end links from a Toyota dealer in North Carolina that I generally deal with, usually if I order on Sunday or early Monday I will have it in my hand Wednesday or Thursday. The entire order was 2 sway bar end links (about 10 inches each) and 10 Toyota oil drain plug crush washers. It took 14 days for Fed Ex to get it to my door. The Toyota dealer sent it out immediately, but Fed Ex sent it from NC, to TN, to IN, to IL, back to TN??? to Dallas where is sat for a few days, then to Lubbock (driving right past my town), then to me. I just shook my head at the stupidity...... I feel your pain.

i watch tracking on some of the packages I order, and it does surprise me some packages travel 100's of miles all around me to finally get here...fed ex, ups and even the postal service, amazing

I hate Fed Ex. I ordered a car part a few months ago. It was dropped off, the day I ordered it, at their facility just outside Los Angeles. Took four days to get out of LA, and ended up in San Fran. Took two days to get from San Fran to their facility near CVG (Cincinnati airport). Took four days to get to me from there. I live 10-12 minutes west of CVG, depending on traffic.

I've always loved Fed Ex. However; recently started having issues like OP. I contacted CS. Their response. "It's due to the current situation." Crazy world!

Their hub and spoke system has gotten too complicated for them to comprehend. Same with UPS. I live in Wylie, TX. The normal route for an incoming package is Arlington, Hutchins, Sherman, Mesquite, Wylie. Check that out on a map sometime. Dumb and wasteful.

I checked in with Blauparts the other day and then for me that shipping is taking two to three times longer than normal in some cases unfortunately.

Last month I ordered some items from Amazon that shipped out of Minnesota and took 3 weeks to get to Wisconsin where I live. After 2 weeks Amazon refunded my money and then the package showed up a week later. So I got about $90 worth of free goods but I thought it was ridiculous that it literally took 3 weeks to get from the Minneapolis area to Milwaukee.

Yep, same thing happened to me with Fedex. I had a part coming from Rock Hill, SC. I live on just the other side of SC. Fedex said 2 days ground. I looked at it the second day, expecting to see "out for deliver" only to see a scan at Atlanta, Ga. The next day, it was still sitting there. I called them, and they said it would be headed back my way later that day, and would be delivered the next day (day 4). I wake up the next morning and check the tracking to find an arrival scan in Gainesville, FL.

Note, at this point I'd missed a race because of this mess. The part was supposed to arrive on a Wednesday, I could install it either Thursday or Friday, and be ready to go Saturday. Yet, come Saturday morning (5 days after it shipped) it was sitting in Gainesville, FL, more than double the distance in the opposite direction from where I ordered it.

The woman I spoke to that morning was no help, basically saying "you'll get it when you get it." It showed up the follow Wednesday, with the tracking information still showing it in Gainesville, FL. The box was also mangled and part was damaged. I regret raging at the poor woman on the phone at customer service. It wasn't her fault, and she didn't deserve that. I was just so mad.

I contacted the small company that shipped it to let them know the part arrived damaged and about the whole ordeal with Fedex. They immediately shipped a replacement with UPS and it was at my door, in good condition, in just 26 hours.

That wasn't the first time I'd had a problem with Fedex. We had a package a couple years ago that, instead of leaving it on our covered front porch, left it in the walkway to get rained on. Nothing important, just some electronics.

I've only had 1 small mishap with UPS, and it was quickly resolved by them.

I had a FedEx package go from Knoxville to O'Hare and back like six times before I called about it. They put a flag on the package and it finally arrived - about a week after it was sent. It achieved Titanium status on the FedEx frequent flyer program.

There is a huge driver shortage.
I'm a driver, there's not a driver shortage........
The problem is two fold:
1) Laziness fueled by certain folks handing out free checks and pampering everyone and giving them a crutch to support their worthlessness.
2) Companies treating experienced drivers like crap so they eventually throw in the towel and go do something else. (The boat I am in)

Back