Febi VW 75w GL4 Man Trans Fluid Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello BIToG gurus.

Have a VW requiring their low viscosity 75w GL4 spec for the manual trans G 052 171 A2 | G 055 512 . Febi Bilstein has a lube advertised as meeting these requirements however they only publish viscosity at 40C not 100C. Anybody know what it is at 100C? I suppose it is in the 6.x range as most of these light VW specs are at. Yes I tried to get ahold of Febi but not luck in responses. Thanks.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
The trick is finding out who actually makes this for Febi Bilstein..it IS made in Germany so it's by one of the major producers there, but which one?

It's Ferdi (Ferdinand) Bilstein, and the Febi brand is like Dorman over there in terms of quality. Last time I researched their (and MB branded) 85W-90 GL5 it was made by LM

My 2014 Focus with M/T calls for a GL-4 75W MTF......I wonder if this MTF would work even though they don't mention the Ford spec?

Originally Posted by pbm
My 2014 Focus with M/T calls for a GL-4 75W MTF......I wonder if this MTF would work even though they don't mention the Ford spec?

Yes, it is compatible.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by pbm

Yes, it is compatible.

Thanks AC1DD

Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by AC1DD
pbm said:

Yes, it is compatible.

I emailed Febi-Bilstein and they confirm this:

Thomas Mrosek (Ferdinand Bilstein GmbH Co. KG)
Nov 4, 13:11 CET

Dear Mr.*****,

Thank you for your message and the interest in our bilsteingroup products.
Yes, our article 21829 Gear Oil SAE 75W (GL-4) complies with the m2c200-D2 standard specified by you.

This is the best priced 75W GL4 gear oil that I've found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back