FDP brake pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience using these ?? From the website they are an American company, thinking of giving the pads a try.

I guess I would ask why. Wagner TQ seem to perform well in almost every application and are reasonably priced. There are many brake pads available and the Wager TQ seems to be a favorite.

I would go with brake performance over where its made. Wager has a good reputation for quality brake products.

I have used wagner before with no problems, but they have ceramics on ebay for $20 thinking of giving them a shot, Its only $20 if there no good its no big deal , i can chalk it up as test for fellow bitogers

Last edited:
Thermoqiets from Amazon. I bought a set for my Taurus. Cheapest place I could find. Free shipping plus a rebate of $15. $19.72 delivered.

FDP isnt that great.They make some pretty bad economy pads (Max Stop),and I have seen their relined shoes be made poorly or incorrectly.Raybestos is good,Wagner,Bendix,Centric,Akebono...with all those brands,you dont need more.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
FDP isn't that great.They make some pretty bad economy pads (Max Stop),and I have seen their relined shoes be made poorly or incorrectly. Raybestos is good, Wagner, Bendix, Centric, Akebono...with all those brands,you don't need more.

Seconded on the recommended brands. I've been impressed with the quality and consistency of Raybestos rotors [not so impressed with Centric rotors lately although I do like their pad offerings]. I'm currently using Bendix CT-3 pads on my Mazda6 with great results, and have Akebono ProACT pads on the IS250 with great results. I think if you stick with Akebono, Raybestos, Bendix, or Centric for pads you can't go wrong. Centric will probably have the least expensive pads, but by no means 'cheap imo.

Whats the vehicle in question if you don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted By: ChrisW
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
FDP isn't that great.They make some pretty bad economy pads (Max Stop),and I have seen their relined shoes be made poorly or incorrectly. Raybestos is good, Wagner, Bendix, Centric, Akebono...with all those brands,you don't need more.

Seconded on the recommended brands. I've been impressed with the quality and consistency of Raybestos rotors [not so impressed with Centric rotors lately although I do like their pad offerings]. I'm currently using Bendix CT-3 pads on my Mazda6 with great results, and have Akebono ProACT pads on the IS250 with great results. I think if you stick with Akebono, Raybestos, Bendix, or Centric for pads you can't go wrong. Centric will probably have the least expensive pads, but by no means 'cheap imo.

Whats the vehicle in question if you don't mind me asking?
If i do try them it will be on 2006 kia spectra. Looking through the FDP web site they supplied pads for Ford and Chrysler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back