Fav and Not Fav Car Options

Love heated seats and memory seats. Despise trying to get into the car after my wife has driven it.

Hate sunroofs, I rarely use them when I have them and never wanted it in the first place. Unfortunately you're getting one whether you like it or not on many nicer vehicles.

Not a fan of tech but don't mind it if it's done in a way that it can largely be ignored if disinterested.

Fav's are memory/heated seats (wife is 5'2", I'm 6'2"). Backup camera and rear bumper sensors are very, very useful.
Non fav's are sunroof (useless, takes up headroom). Big rims and low profile tires look good, but send more road noise into the cabin.

I don't care for any electronics. The good old day when there was L Jetronix fuel injection

Loving all this disdain for the sunroof!
I am 6'7" and I hate them, although my Navigator has one. I've adapted my driving position to having the seat reclined further to avoid hitting my head.

Loving all this disdain for the sunroof!
I am 6'7" and I hate them, although my Navigator has one. I've adapted my driving position to having the seat reclined further to avoid hitting my head.

It would be great if I actually use it. I think by the time I junk my car it would have been operated for less than 50 times in 20 years. They also leak eventually.

FAV: Opening front vent windows that direct bees into your face !
Not FAV: 1.2 litre turbo 3 cylinder in a 3300 lb CUV - Talking to You, Chebby!

I don’t like push button start and never will own a car with it.

I like manual windows, manual locks, manual transmissions, power windows and locks, anything with minimal electronics. Analog gauges.

Backup camera and warning is my favorite … car in reverse gets ticket even when a moron with plenty of space cuts right behind you … even had a guy at the quick mart sipping his coffee behind me ? (Had fridge in bed)

Agree factory navigation goes obsolete … (prefer iPhone) but use the map screen to find marsh lakes

Favorite: Apple CarPlay
Not so favorite: Huge center consoles.

I don’t like push button start and never will own a car with it.

I like manual windows, manual locks, manual transmissions, power windows and locks, anything with minimal electronics. Analog gauges.
When you have young children you will not like manual windows and manual transmissions again. Eventually you will also run out of vehicles without push button start, they already have all the anti theft antenna and wireless chips in key, so might as well make it a button.

Favorite: Heated seats. (The cooled seats and heated steering wheel I can do without)
Least Favorite: Adaptive Cruise control and Navigation System (Ford Sync is a fail)

I like what the car does when I make a phone call.
It mutes the radio, drops the interior fan speed to low. It has 3 microphones (one by the side of my head) and active noise cancellation, so the called party can understand me. Once finished, everything returns to pre-call status.

Back