Fast Orange hand cleaner from 1999

GOJO was always the goto back in the old days, well in the 1970s and 1980s. I don't think I worked at one dealership that didn't use the
green tinted stuff with the pumice in it. Had a pleasant fresh smell but boy that stuff is hard on your hands.

Cheap Prell shampoo of all things works really well. It's an excellent spot treatment for grease on clothes as well.

I learned a trick from a friend recently on how to get the stench of old gasoline off your skin. Wet with water and then sprinkle on plain white sugar and rub it in and let set for a bit before rinsing.

I still use a Lava bar to clean up my hands after getting dirty, and I use Corn Huskers every day. It’s getting hard to find though, it only seems Wallyworld stocks it these days and they’re always out.

I picked up a tub of stuff called TarKelp at Big Lots back in the 90's,it worked pretty good.My brother when he was a bus mech said they used Dove Shampoo.

Regarding the OP, I have a LARGE pump jug of fast orange in the garage that is probably of a similar vintage. It too has turned to a brownish/grayish/thin consistency, but it works perfectly fine. I doubt I use more than a cup of it in a year's time, but I recall buying the giant jug (perhaps a gallon?) because it was priced ridiculously low at the time.

I do miss Goop in the metal can - give it a tap and feel it vibrate, lol.

Edited: Just looked - it was 1.2 Gal size and the copyright was 1997. I wonder if the pumice settles to the bottom over a few decades?

Last edited:
Regarding the OP, I have a LARGE pump jug of fast orange in the garage that is probably of a similar vintage. It too has turned to a brownish/grayish/thin consistency, but it works perfectly fine. I doubt I use more than a cup of it in a year's time, but I recall buying the giant jug (perhaps a gallon?) because it was priced ridiculously low at the time.

I do miss Goop in the metal can - give it a tap and feel it vibrate, lol.

Edited: Just looked - it was 1.2 Gal size and the copyright was 1997. I wonder if the pumice settles to the bottom over a few decades?
If the can is a little less than full try and shake it up! LOL See if it mixes.

You haven't lived until you mash the button on a wall mounted GOJO dispenser and it's so liquefied that it splashes into your mouth!
We had the clear plastic bag they store it in for the dispense burst because a junior tech bashed the button and sure enough it splattered all over the guy..lol

Back