Fast healthy food options gone, or gone to the outhouse!

Since Covid there have been all sorts of menu changes. Namely the healthy options have been removed from menus.
Mcdonald's no longer does salads, BK is down to a little side salad, and Subway salads are 2 out of 10.

I know there have been major lettuce recalls. I used to get a Subway salad, one, they were convenient, and the portions were acceptable. When Foggle went to the slammer, the bowls shrank, then square, now salads come in the "protein bowls".
I hate their salad, cause now they are bleaching everything, the lettuce is white, not green.
The spinach has the stems on it, and I prefer no stems on my spinach.
Those two items are the basic fillers, so now I'm ordering salads with no lettuce and no spinach. I got to tell the sandwich artist, "more please" and the protein bowls are half the size of the old plates.

A protein bowl salad and a "small" 21oz drink for 13 bucks.(tip extra) for $20(10%tip) I can get a salad twice as big, with two sides(steamed broccoli) at AppleBees ToGo.

I know supply chains are still crazy, but Subway quality is going sub-par around here, and is not competitive.

Wendy's has a chicken salad and baked potatoes instead of fries
Wendy’s has a few decent salads, their Southwest salad is pretty good. Arby‘s has a couple good choices too. I keep asking my McDonald’s people when the grilled chicken & salads are coming back, along with the McWraps & Snack Wraps, no one seems to know what’s going on. Steak bagels came back, so maybe eventually (?).

Wendy’s has a few decent salads, their Southwest salad is pretty good. Arby‘s has a couple good choices too. I keep asking my McDonald’s people when the grilled chicken & salads are coming back, along with the McWraps & Snack Wraps, no one seems to know what’s going on. Steak bagels came back, so maybe eventually (?).
The people working at McDonald's have no control over that kind and of thing. You need to go to the higher ups if you want to know about something.

Brown bagging is the healthiest and cheapest way to go. A salad can be made up in advance. Keep the dressing separate. Croutons are a good touch as well as bacon. The BLT salad is a great example. I did this for decades.

Ate a lot of Chipotle Steak bowls and CFA Cobb Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing and a Chicken Noodle Soup. Growed fresh tomatoes so we used them up and had peas, potato salad and steak.

Attachments

• 20220915_204723.jpg
    20220915_204723.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 5
Prepping and packing a salad requires just a bit more effort. You can eat healthily and save money.
Feta cheese and olives are your friends.

What?!?!?

Picking lettuce, cleaning it, and chopping it requires more effort than raising a cow, processing the cow, cooking the cow, adding additional additional ingredients that usually include lettuce, as well as baked and raised bread?

I think it is more of a statement of volume of product moved....

Back