Famous Dave's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever heard of this place? I just had dinner there. Had a rib and catfish combo. Enjoyed every bite.

It is my absolute FAVORITE restaurant hands down. I am a BBQ junkie and the brisket and pork are just perfection. Extremely smokey & tender. Plus with all those BBQ sauces to top, you can't go wrong.

They are the most authentic tasting BBQ place I have eaten at by far. The first time I had their brisket I felt like I just smoked it myself all day (which I actually did smoke one a few days before I went for the first time!).

For me, I usually go for either the 2-meat combo (brisket & pork) with the cole slaw and famous fries as my sides, or the brisket dinner (plus an additional brisket side!) with the same sides usually. You can't go wrong
thumbsup2.gif

If you plan to go back, sign up the pig club on their website. They will send you a coupon code for being a new member (as well as on your birthday) for something free. The smallest prize is a free dessert, the biggest is the feast meal for 2-3. For joining I won an appetizer, and for my birthday I won the big rib dinner! They also send $5 off coupons and specials all the time. I don't remember the last time I paid for a appetizer or dessert there... We always get them free with my girlfriend and I signing up with our email accounts!

I'm going this weekend most likely... Mmmm
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Ahh the Wilbur Beans are delicious... I get them when I don't want fries. Of course, I add a bit of Texas-Pit sauce in there for a little spice.

You guys have the Bread Pudding there? That is an incredible piece of dessert right there!

I had the ribs with catfish combo. Wilbur beans and cole slaw. I had the pecan pie for dessert, my wife shared the bread pudding with her daughter. I LOVED the Devil Spit sauce.
Thanks for the tip on the coupons. I gotta sign up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back