Family over for the holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't it amazing on T-day that you hear from family members you haven't heards from 8, 10 months ? all of a sudden they give a rats #@$%! ? lol....you didn't give a rats #@$%! yesterday, don't give one today - the superficial touchy feely family stuff happens every year and it doesn't get any more pallatable.

my aunt who I havent talked to in over a year sends me a text message wishing me happy thanksgiving blah blah, I send one back that said "so, is this my yearly text message or what?" she never sent anything back haha...

Quote:

Just think how nice and quiet it will be in a few days.

You know, after the exterminator (for all of the ants from the spilled fruit) and carpet cleaners are finished...

You're keepin me sane today larry! Keep em comin.
cheers.gif

Shanty door locked and shades are pulled.

Not as if it's really needed.

Kin are aware of cootishness and they never drop by.

That makes Obbop very happy. Don't have to growl at trespassers.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

We are "dog sitting" a neighbor's golden. She barks at EVERYTHING. The poor thing...she really just doesn't know what "right" is. I'm sure that she only hears what "wrong" is.

Our two goldens think that she is kinda fun to play with but even THEY look at me like "Does she EVER shut up?"

Sooo, I've spent a lot of time today with positive reinforcement for her. Anytime she isn't doing something wrong I give her praise.

My dogs think that I'm nuts...but it sure beats having the Sheriff show up for "holiday family issues"!!

If it makes you feel any better Drew, we brought grandpa Kenny home from his assisted care facility for a few days and his crapping on the floor isn't very pleasant either.

Quote:

LOL!!!!!!!!! Thank you Larry; GIT R DONE, thas right!
laugh.gif
crackmeup.gif

UPDATE 2: Cousin just stepped in a big pile of dog #@$%! outside and you guessed it, tracked it all over the inside of the house. I'm not makin this stuff up!!!

She also told us all the stuff we've made that she doesn't like and won't eat.

Actually, I'm starting to get a little P.O.ed at this point.
mad.gif

I would think she wont be invited next year. it is rude of a guest even family would be so rude as to say everything you fixed she dont eat. maybe you need to open a can of dog food and hand it to her and say is this more to your liking
stooges.gif

why this year it was just the wife the kid and I. nice and quiet. well hope its over for you drew and you mad eit through. kick back and have a beer
cheers.gif

Quote:

If it makes you feel any better Drew, we brought grandpa Kenny home from his assisted care facility for a few days and his crapping on the floor isn't very pleasant either.

That puts it in perspective.
cheers.gif

It's really all good. I bet you guys wouldn't even bat an eye at the things I posted about. I'm just a peace and quiet kind of dude. I'd rather not cook a 12 hour dinner during a 4 day weekend. Rather go ice fishing, kick back, listen to.........................NOTHING! And drink some beers in the ol ice shanty. But that's just me I guess. Man, if I'm as cootish as I am now, I can't imagine what I'll be like when I'm obbop's age
crazy.gif
shocked.gif

"She also told us all the stuff we've made that she doesn't like and won't eat."

Just make sure you keep making more of these meals "she doesn't like and won't eat."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back