Falken Ziex 960 . Any good?

Considering Falken Ziex 960 for occasional use this winter in New England. Does anyone have experience with these? Wet, snow traction high on the priority list. Rate of wear at bottom of list.
Thanks

You're better off with a 3-peak tire, such as
Vredestein Quatrac 5
Nokian WRG4
Toyo Celsius
Michelin CrossClimate+
Goodyear Weatherready
Hankook Kinergy 4S2
Kumho Solus HA31 (if available in your size)

Thanks slacktide_bitog
I should have included size(225/45/17)and vehicle(04 STi)in my original post along with a lower cost(Hankook is out) because the car will sit for 4-5 months at a time. Apologies for my sloppiness.
According to the testing by TireRack(TR), the Vredestein wet performance is not where I'd like it. Can't find the CrossClimate+ in my size. Hankook 4S2 is at the limit of my price range for a tire that may flat spot permanently. As you can tell I enjoy creating difficulties for myself! Thanks for the suggestions.

I usually do ask for a tire size when it's not given! I can't believe I forgot to ask, sorry! :oops:
And the whole reason size is important is so that we don't recommend tires that aren't available in your size :ROFLMAO:

The best way to prevent flat spotting is to drive it :sneaky:

Walmart has the Nokian WRG4 for $117. It will be the best in winter out of any all-season tire

Thanks Oildudeny.
According to Tirerack:
The Sumitomo has rather long braking distances in the wet. Looking for 110ft or less from 50 mph(Tirerack test).
The Hankook looks like it will spin easily. I'm not a tire engineer, so I deserve the criticism for that comment.
The Laufenn is an unknown to me. Like the Hankook, looks like it will spin easily.
I have some experience with tires(Michelin, Dunlop, Pirelli)that are densely siped. Wet traction seems to suffer, but I thought I'd chance it on the Nokian considering the reviews.

Thanks Oildudeny.
According to Tirerack:
The Sumitomo has rather long braking distances in the wet. Looking for 110ft or less from 50 mph(Tirerack test).
The Hankook looks like it will spin easily. I'm not a tire engineer, so I deserve the criticism for that comment.
The Laufenn is an unknown to me. Like the Hankook, looks like it will spin easily.
I have some experience with tires(Michelin, Dunlop, Pirelli)that are densely siped. Wet traction seems to suffer, but I thought I'd chance it on the Nokian considering the reviews.
most tires these days are junk... you have to pay if you want premium tire benefits

Back