Falken Tires?

DR1

I am looking to buy 4 new tires for my 2008 Nissan Titan.
Does Falken make really good all season truck tires and do they ride very smooth?

I’ve yet to hear of an unhappy owner of Falken AT3. Popular on trucks and wranglers. Really don’t hear much about the rest of their tires. Could try looking at tire rack reviews.

I've had a set on my F-150 since July of 2011. So far so good. No issues at all. I would buy another set. They've lasted longer than the set of Goodyear Wranglers I had on before them.

I have them on 2 vehicles. MY ram 1500 and my wife's Mazda 5 wear like iron, good in the rain and quiet. What else can I say?

I can't say that I know anything about them however, I've known of FALKEN TIRES for over 30 years but have never considered them.
I mean, I see them in tire stores & online but they are far away from my thinking.

Don't know if I'm just unlucky or if Falken is that bad but I'll never buy another tire of theirs. Maybe one out of the four on the truck is actually round. The Falken tires we had on the Focus only lasted 10k. Get what you pay for. Regret not getting Bridgestone Dueler's for the truck.

I have a set Falken tires back in the 90's on my '85 318i. They're good tires. Made in Japan.

I've had several sets of Sumitomo tires. They make and market Falken tires. Ladies agree they are exciting tires.

falken.jpg

Have wildpeaks on my Tundra. No complaints running thru the crap weather MN gets. They used to be the best bang for the buck. The prices on them have gone up (as has everything else)

Personally for the price I would go with a different brand. My buddy has the wild peaks on his ram 1500 and got a flat while off roading. I only had ziex car tires experience and they were average at best. But I see a lot of pick ups and jeeps with wildpeaks

Personally for the price I would go with a different brand. My buddy has the wild peaks on his ram 1500 and got a flat while off roading. I only had ziex car tires experience and they were average at best. But I see a lot of pick ups and jeeps with wildpeaks
When you go off-roading a flat tire is one of the risks that is inherent to the activity

I had the Wildpeak A/T3W on my Silverado. They were pretty quiet for aggressive A/Ts and had great traction in all weather, but the treadlife was horrible. I rotated them every 5000 miles and the wear was even but they were shot at 20,000 miles. I would consider buying them again if their price didn’t skyrocket to $300 each. Too much $ for low mileage.

Wildpeaks on 2016 F150, 65k miles on them and have enough trade to probably do another 10k. ( this is my work truck, I pull the trailer from time to time, and load the bed too.
And now listen to this, I have never rotated those tires)
I won't though, because ski season will start before I run those tires to the ground, hence new tires are already in the garage waiting for the ski trips.

As far as Wildpeaks, I can't find one bad thing that I could say about them Those are awesome.

So, I either got the best set of tires that Falken ever produced, or the other fellow, the crapiest 🤷

I am looking to buy 4 new tires for my 2008 Nissan Titan.
Does Falken make really good all season truck tires and do they ride very smooth?
I had unsatisfactory experience with Falken. Cheaper than most but get hard quick (lose traction) and noisy. Michelin or BFG from then on. Just my opinion.

looking into falken ZE 950 similar to the $$$$ continental DWS extreme contact i have due to wear + a puncture that ruined one tyre + having AWD believe its time to get 4 new ones. i know theres price gouging everywhere + with the falkens at a fair price i am considering them but still looking, appreciate any suggestions.

The best known and liked falken tire is an AT tire.
if you want quiet/smooth you should be shopping a HT tire such as continental TerrainContact H/T
michelin DEFENDER LTX M/S, or General Grabber HTS60

bought the Falkens mentioned above $350 del from tyrebuyer 215-50-17. these are the older cheeper version, time will tell!! i REFUSE to get gouged by big names, i have the continental older DWS bought years ago at a fair price, a good tire for sure + at 74 YO it will hopefully be my last set for my toy-summer fun 2001 TT 225Q roadster.

Back