Fair tax Act of 2009 H.R. 25 ?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's been proposed off and on through the years. It never goes anywhere. That's all it is, a PROPOSAL.

Besides, stuff has to get paid for somewhere. Repeal the income tax, but start paying 20% sales tax. It's like wack-a-mole.

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech

Besides, stuff has to get paid for somewhere. Repeal the income tax, but start paying 20% sales tax.

I believe Russia has a 10% sales tax.

Heck, here in AZ the sales tax is approaching 10%. I wonder how much they would have to tax at the sales level to fund the budget and interest, and pay back all the borrowed money?

That's kinda my complaint. We hear all kinds of criticism about the higher tax rates in alleged socialized nations ..but when I add ours up, it's just about the same thing without all the clean streets and low crime rates ..the functional education system ..health care system ..etc..etc...and even if it's not quite the same in terms of equal (keeping in mind that some are more equal than others), the cost of matching them would make their costs look like bargain basement deals. If we doubled our costs we couldn't match their status. We've got too many people who are satisfied with substandard performance being standard. I'm not talking about the recipients. You can't pay people enough here to do a good job.

I pay 30% average income tax, 40% on overtime and interest.

Then 10% GST on purchases

And Govt has just announced a new $100B defecit (it's no probs, we'll pay it back real soon, promise), which some of us are going to have to pay off...or not...or reduce through hyperinflation.

And I'm paying for home insulation and the lady up the street needing a new bedroom suite, who will inject her(my) money into the economy sometime in the next 4 weeks to keep the growth figure marginally above zero.

$1T is going to enter the Oz vernacular in the next 12M at the current rate.

And you guys are going to have to start working out whether the next number you talk of is Brazillion.

If that's the only taxes you're paying, without deductions, I think you're doing better on average.

Quote:
And you guys are going to have to start working out whether the next number you talk of is Brazillion.

Carl Sagan had the right idea

LOL, remember that on TV... and growing the series today at work, when a guy asked what Trillion dollars looked like.

measured an Oz banknote at 0.07mm, cross checked your paper notes, and was blown away.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

And Govt has just announced a new $100B defecit

That is about $5000 per person. I guess my families share would have been an additional $25,000 if I lived in Oz. Now your government is learning how to spend like an American.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow
LOL, remember that on TV... and growing the series today at work, when a guy asked what Trillion dollars looked like.

measured an Oz banknote at 0.07mm, cross checked your paper notes, and was blown away.

If I did the math right, our national debt is $100 bills stacked to the moon and back ..more actually.

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
"Repeal the income tax, but start paying 20% sales tax"

More like 30% sales tax.

Just another scam to reduce taxes on the rich.

Yeah those "rich" people don't pay any taxes!!
smirk2.gif

Well except those appointees....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back