Facebook oil experts lol

I posted on a Facebook group for Silverados and Sierras that I went with a 5W-30 over the 0W-20. Basically to let people know that it’s quieter and bumped my hot oil pressure up from 18psi to 22psi. There are a lot of people asking on there about what oil to run, and I just wanted to give some actual experience. Boy oh boy, I wasn’t expecting the oil experts to show up :D

One guy, who claims to be an ASE Master Certified and a GM Master Tech basically told me that my engine was going to sludge up because of the 30 weight. He said my decision, and others like me, keep him in business? It’s one OCI LOL. He also claims that there are “tons” of TSBs from GM about having to use a 0W-20 in these EcoTec3 engines. That’s when I knew he wasn’t telling the truth…

I’m by far no oil expert, but I’ve been around here long enough, and read enough to know better. I tried to educate this “expert” and his friends, but that went no where fast. Now, for the last 3 days it’s become a nightly activity to troll this guy and his buddies on my post. It’s an honest living, and someone’s got to do it. :D

Keep trolling those clowns. I don't know why people lie about things like that, probably narcissism. If they lie that much they probably don't even own that Sierra/Silverado but drive an 02 civic but wish they could have a new mall crawler.

I switched my 2021's 6.2 that's still under warranty to 5w-40 by the 14k mark. My hot idle oil pressure is about 36 psi and that makes me feel better compared to the almost 20 with 0w-20. It also stopped burning oil entirely which it did a little with 0w-20 ever since it was new but was too little to do anything about with the dealer. Burned just over a quart over 7k miles so not a big deal and it is quieter at hot idle for sure, no longer hear any valvetrain noise at hot idle when next to the engine outside.

Ive left pretty much all automotive groups. Even when spitting facts idiots try to turn things around and argue nonsense. Then of the course there is always the same 5 stupid questions every other day.

I have better things to do and worry about in my life.

Ive left pretty much all automotive groups. Even when spitting facts idiots try to turn things around and argue nonsense. Then of the course there is always the same 5 stupid questions every other day.

I have better things to do and worry about in my life.
So basically you described BITOG. Got it.

I mod a VW group, it's v. good and modded well without much of that.

I posted on a Facebook group for Silverados and Sierras that I went with a 5W-30 over the 0W-20. Basically to let people know that it’s quieter and bumped my hot oil pressure up from 18psi to 22psi. There are a lot of people asking on there about what oil to run, and I just wanted to give some actual experience. Boy oh boy, I wasn’t expecting the oil experts to show up :D

One guy, who claims to be an ASE Master Certified and a GM Master Tech basically told me that my engine was going to sludge up because of the 30 weight. He said my decision, and others like me, keep him in business? It’s one OCI LOL. He also claims that there are “tons” of TSBs from GM about having to use a 0W-20 in these EcoTec3 engines. That’s when I knew he wasn’t telling the truth…

I’m by far no oil expert, but I’ve been around here long enough, and read enough to know better. I tried to educate this “expert” and his friends, but that went no where fast. Now, for the last 3 days it’s become a nightly activity to troll this guy and his buddies on my post. It’s an honest living, and someone’s got to do it. :D
I'd go from a otc 5w30 to a high hths 0w20 like Redline which is a comparable thin 30 already. It's about usage and quality. If you grocery getting I think the 20 in a otc oil is fine. If you plan to drive it like you stole it then use a better 20 or something 30 full synthetic. Essentially, depending on climate, operation, etc either can be used.

There's a Bob is the Oil Guy on Facebook. I don't know if it's related to this one or not but it has 104 members.

edit: make that 105 members :)

edit 2: It's back to 104 members. The first thing I read was some guy asking if Bob is they guy that comes to your house to change your oil. Bob is the mobile oil change guy I suppose. Anyway, it was a fun read for 2 minutes.

The tractor groups are the same. Can I put horse pee in my hydro? My responses are always Absolutely. Go right ahead, but sell your tractor first.

When I posted the 12 pack of PG4612 filter deal from Walmart, one of our BITOG posters said he had posted it on the FB group "Mileage Impossible." I clicked on it one night and flipped through some of the posts and OMG.....the clulessness is unbelievable. Some of the stuff coming out of their mouths was just plain wrong and they were super convinced they were right. Anyway, didn't stick around long, but it was sure enlightening.

There's a Bob is the Oil Guy on Facebook. I don't know if it's related to this one or not but it has 104 members.

edit: make that 105 members :)

edit 2: It's back to 104 members. The first thing I read was some guy asking if Bob is they guy that comes to your house to change your oil. Bob is the mobile oil change guy I suppose. Anyway, it was a fun read for 2 minutes.
For groups that are public, you don't need to join to surf around and read etc.

Back