F150 Orange Coolant to Yellow

they’re the same thing lol, look at the back of the jug
No mention of core guard on the back of the Prestone 10 year jug. The last jug of the Core-Guard I saw it says 5 year coolant. Is there core guard mentioned on the USA jug?

12721F45-ABDE-4C6F-B194-99979826F540.jpeg

Last edited:
Last month I drain and filled the coolant in my 2006 Ford F-150 which has 117K on it. I think I did it once years ago. I used I think a Prestone which is supposed to work in anything. We will see.

Tie-ing in this question with.. "Universal Coolant" the kind that "mixes with any color antifreeze." Is that in effect the new Green Conventional? (It is yellow)

Says Ethylene Glycol as its main ingredient..

Last month I drain and filled the coolant in my 2006 Ford F-150 which has 117K on it. I think I did it once years ago. I used I think a Prestone which is supposed to work in anything. We will see.

The labels change so much. ;)

Tie-ing in this question with.. "Universal Coolant" the kind that "mixes with any color antifreeze." Is that in effect the new Green Conventional? (It is yellow)

Says Ethylene Glycol as its main ingredient..
To be honest Ethylene Glycol is the main ingredient in almost all coolants with only a few exceptions. All those fancy additives typically don’t add up to more than 15% of the volume. :)

Last edited:
Back