3. Red Bull, 289
4. McLaren, 89
5. Renault, 67
6. Toro Rosso, 55
7. Racing Point, 46
8. Alfa Romeo Racing, 35
9. Haas, 26
10. Williams, 1

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

[Linked Image from motorsports.vtec.net]

^ that would be great. It's going to be tough though because all Honda-powered cars are taking new engines so they have fresh units for Japan.

Does LeClerc even have a chance to catch Hamilton in the points, or are there not enough races left? It looks like Ferrari has suddenly found their mojo.

Originally Posted by IndyFan
Does LeClerc even have a chance to catch Hamilton in the points, or are there not enough races left? It looks like Ferrari has suddenly found their mojo.

Possible but highly unlikely. He would have to win every race and Lewis would have to finish out of the points every race.

Edit: I thought there were 4 races remaining. In fact there are 6. But still unlikely.

But look what happened to the Chicago Cubs!

Last edited:
Bottas traditionally goes well in Sochi, and Mercedes hold a perfect record there.

And yes, the RBRs have new engines but that means grid penalties - maybe this will mix up the grid a bit, maybe the Renaults will be nearer the front? This will make for some decent racing opportunities as Max makes his way forward.

Looks to me like Ferrari is screwing over SV in a vindictive way or they lost the play book on how to win races. I imagine there is money at play somewhere, but I've lost my love for F1 with all the screw ups, just not enjoyable any more.
Old man Ferrari would have heads on the chopping block!
MHO Smoky

F1 is more interesting now that Ferrari is faster than Mercedes.
But Ferrari managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory today.
I really couldn't understand Ferrari trying to enforce team orders on Vettel when he was pulling away from Leclerc before the first pit stop. Then they delayed Vettel's stop so long that his tires degraded to the point that Leclerc got by him. Leclerc may very well have won from this point, but the fickle finger of fate was about to fuddle Ferrari. Vettel's KERS system packed it in, leading to a Virtual Safety Car, where Mercedes was able to pit running 1-2, and keep their positions. Once in front, Mercedes slowly pulled away for the win. Bottas really did his job keeping Leclerc down in 3rd.

Vettel had the quote of the day on the radio after his car rolled to a stop: "Bring back the (bleep) V12's". Makes me wonder how much the F1 drivers really like the hybrid cars....

Last edited:
Good fortune for Mercedes. Well done Lewis for getting the fastest lap.

Seeing that Leclerc was chasing and Lewis still put in the fastest lap, maybe Ferrari don't have the advantage that was feared.

Which of the next 5 races does everyone think will Mercdes and Lewis clinch the constructors and driver championships?

Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
Seeing that Leclerc was chasing and Lewis still put in the fastest lap, maybe Ferrari don't have the advantage that was feared.

Aerodynamics is such an encumbrance, that the car behind has to be at least 2.0 seconds a lap faster in order to pass, even with DRS.

LC was faster the Vettel all week, but once behind Vettel, LC was 0.6 seconds a lap slower than Vettel, so being behind someone is like having a 0.8 second per lap penalty.

Originally Posted by Mitch Alsup
LC was faster the Vettel all week, but once behind Vettel, LC was 0.6 seconds a lap slower than Vettel, so being behind someone is like having a 0.8 second per lap penalty.

Plus the added tyre deg caused by lower downforce on the front when trying to follow closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back