F1 - 2018 United States Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Brad_C
Originally Posted by Garak
By the way, can someone please get Paul di Resta a job on a different network, or commentating for another series, or a seat in another series, or even a seat in F1?

Bring back James Hunt!

Looks like Ferrari needs to bring back Niki Lauda.

I think Niki just got out of the hospital today. Aside from him, they might need Jean Todt and maybe Ross Brawn, though I'm not sure there's enough money in the world to convince him to get back into that side of things.

As for James Hunt, I've been privileged to watch a couple races where he was involved in commentary.

Originally Posted by Garak

As for James Hunt, I've been privileged to watch a couple races where he was involved in commentary.

I was at several of the races when James Hunt won the world champion in 1976. The most memorable one was Brands hatch where the two Ferrari's of Lauda and Regazonni crashed at the first corner damaging Hunts car. The race was stopped and the stewards declared that only cars which had completed the first lap could restart the race.
Hunt had taken a shortcut back to the pits and was not eligible for the restart. Well when this was announced the crowd went bananas even to the extent of throwing bottles onto the track. I was spectating at the first corner but it wasn't me honest. The stewards backed down out of fear of a riot. Hunt was allowed to restart and went on to win. Those were the days when Ferrari International Assistance was at it's height so inevitably when Ferrari protested, Hunt was disqualified some months later. I also watched Hunt win the Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort that year so I've been interested to hear that Zandvoort may be hosting an F1 race again after many years absence.

Wish I was 22 again and traveling around Europe watching the races.

The F1 premium streaming service is adding content all the time, so maybe I'll be lucky enough to catch some older races without having to hunt YouTube for a VHS upload.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back