3. Aston Martin Red Bull Racing, 337
4. Renault Sport F1, 106
5. Haas, 84
6. McLaren Renault, 58
7. Racing Point Force India, 47
8. Toro Rosso, 32
9. Alfa Romeo Sauber, 28
10. Williams Martini Racing, 7

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Garak
Drink the water, Lewis.
wink.gif

I'm sure he'll have his own usual supply of bottled water sourced from unicorn tears!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by Patman
I'm sure he'll have his own usual supply of bottled water sourced from unicorn tears!
crackmeup2.gif

The smell of jealousy takes many forms...

crackmeup2.gif

If practice is representative, there could be a lot of tears from Mercedes and Ferrari. Or, Red Bull's Renault luck will come through again, leaving Daniel and Max swearing a few laps in.

Originally Posted by Imp4
crackmeup2.gif

The smell of jealousy takes many forms...

I'm not sure what you mean here, are you assuming I'm not a fan of Lewis? Because my entire household cheers quite loudly for Lewis actually, we're all HUGE fans of his.

I think those online guides just make matters worse. They were great at the start, but now, we rely on them so much, with even the recorders needing them. We had the qualification up here, which of course, provides no help to someone with American TV.

The first corner is going to be very interesting, with the Ferrari and the Mercedes having more straight line speed than the Red Bulls, plus being in their slip stream off the line too. It's entirely possible that either Vettel or Hamilton (or both) will get ahead of the Red Bulls into the first corner. At the same time, we know that it's not super easy to pass Max, he finds a way to make his car twice as wide
smile.gif
I'm very excited for this race, I just wish it was on now instead of 3pm EST! Go Lewis!!!
laugh.gif

Oh, what a snoozer. Max really stunk up the show, leading almost all the way. In the first 5 spots, nobody was closer than 15 seconds to each other at the end. 6th place was one lap down.
Daniel Riccardo was making a great defense of 2nd against Vettel near the end, but his engine went poof.

On the contrary, he didn't stink up the show, he didn't stink up the show like he usually does like clattering into people or running off track to make an overtake. Ricciardo cannot catch a break. I think he wants to replace Alonso in the luck department.

Originally Posted by Garak
On the contrary, he didn't stink up the show, he didn't stink up the show like he usually does like clattering into people or running off track to make an overtake. Ricciardo cannot catch a break. I think he wants to replace Alonso in the luck department.

I thought Verstappen drove a very mature and measured race. I have no words for what happened to Ricciardo. A 42% failure rate in the race, not counting all the practice issues.

Congrats to Lewis on his 5th world championship. 3 more to go!

Schumacher - 7

Fangio & Hamilton - 5

Prost & Vettel - 4

Brabham, Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna - 3

Originally Posted by Brad_C
I thought Verstappen drove a very mature and measured race. I have no words for what happened to Ricciardo. A 42% failure rate in the race, not counting all the practice issues.

Not only is Ricciardo replacing Alonso in the luck department, but Webber as well, it would seem. When he got Webber's seat, he wasn't supposed to get his luck.

That's the kind of drive I want to see Max doing. If he's there to win instead of causing a load of grief, I'm quite happy.

Congrats to Lewis on his 5th championship! Awesome!

I do think Max will be a future champion as well, he definitely has the right skills, he just needs to have a competitive car throughout his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back