F-22 Raptor Might Be In Trouble

China is a technological powerhouse. We are in decline and it won't be too long before we are seriously surprised by some new wonder weapon. However, I'm not at all sure the hypersonic missile is that new fearsome Chinese weapon. I wonder how a Mach 10 hypersonic weapon can maneuver to shoot down a fighter jet? It is already incredibly difficult to get stable airflow and combustion in hypersonics. We've been working on them for North of 70 years.

Clearly, rockets can do the job of warhead delivery, and while some can now be intercepted, no one can get them all. The hypersonic is just another tool for delivery.
I think China is a lot further ahead than many realize. They're a peer competitor now. Lagging in some areas, ahead in a few. They have their fair share of issues and seriously problems, as any large country.

That, along with the fact that sooner or later their people are going to rise up, and not allow their government to continue using them like a slave labor market. Loaning out their efforts to the highest bidder. This type of thing has happened before in other countries.

Governments cannot enrich themselves off the backs of their citizens for an indefinite period of time. It's only a question of when, before something goes bang over there.

If China's treatment of their citizenry was a solid cornerstone on which to build an economic powerhouse, we would see examples of it everywhere..... Instead there are only failures. And examples of what not to do.
One would hope, but the problem is the west has been saying that for the last 40 years and it hasn't happened. In fact, the opposite has happened.

Did you know that China has virtually eliminated poverty? Only .6 percent of the population subsists on less than $2.30 a day ($1.90 in 2010 dollars), and only a quarter of the population lives on less than $5.50 a day (in 2010 dollars).

Did you know that China has virtually eliminated poverty? Only .6 percent of the population subsists on less than $2.30 a day ($1.90 in 2010 dollars), and only a quarter of the population lives on less than $5.50 a day (in 2010 dollars).
I think they're in competition with Cuba, as to who can spread around the most wealth.

I think China is a lot further ahead than many realize. They're a peer competitor now. Lagging in some areas, ahead in a few. They have their fair share of issues and seriously problems, as any large country.
China is really good at stealing technologies and improving on them, most of the time the improvement is only a small increment. The best tech we have today is way ahead of China, our F-22 is already old by standards. We have technology developed that we won't know about for at least 15 years. I'm glad we don't know about it either.

The other thing that drives me insane, is this diversity and inclusion ******** is what ****s us over. My company routinely hired "red badges" whom are not us citizens. They walk around and stick to groups of Chinese speakers, many of the groups are US citizens. It is without a doubt they are stealing corporate secrets. Every **** year they catch an employee stealing secrets and selling them back to China, or the scientist just straight up just leaves the US suddenly back to China.

Diversity and inclusion will be our corporate and military downfall.

China is really good at stealing technologies and improving on them, most of the time the improvement is only a small increment. The best tech we have today is way ahead of China, our F-22 is already old by standards. We have technology developed that we won't know about for at least 15 years. I'm glad we don't know about it either.

The other thing that drives me insane, is this diversity and inclusion ******** is what ****s us over. My company routinely hired "red badges" whom are not us citizens. They walk around and stick to groups of Chinese speakers, many of the groups are US citizens. It is without a doubt they are stealing corporate secrets. Every **** year they catch an employee stealing secrets and selling them back to China, or the scientist just straight up just leaves the US suddenly back to China.

Look at who is funding and doing all the research at Universities.

What kind of company was it? I know in my field we don't typically work on any government classified projects, and an employer is not allowed to discriminate (or even ask) about citizenship status. They can't even find out with the I-9 if an employee presents an ID with a SSN card. I do remember applications where I was asked about whether or not I was a current citizen of specific countries, but as far as I know that's not allowed to be used to make a decision - only to determine if someone might need to be vetted further.

I'm not sure what can be done to prove loyalty or at least that people aren't necessarily spies based on national origin. I have an older friend who was born in China, but fled to Taiwan with his family when the nationalist government fell. He's not a fan of communism per se, but he's a huge fan of China. Even back in the 80s, when people asked, he thought of himself as being from China and being Chinese was the biggest part of his identity. But he was senior management at a defense contractor and a naturalized US citizen with access to classified information mostly regarding the work he did. I remember when he made an extended visit to China where he was going to also give a lecture, he had to be briefed on what was acceptable information to share with people there.

I worked in places where it was great because there weren't really any cliques based on national or ethnic origin per se. We would all go out together, talk together, and socialize together. The Indians strangely enough didn't form their own cliques, and the odd thing was that English was usually their common language because they didn't speak each other's native languages. Those who spoke Chinese were from all over - Taiwan, China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and even Macau.

What would be your solution then? Companies being allowed to legally discriminate against people based on national origin? Where would it end? I mean - Israel has tried to gather classified American information surreptitiously through defense contractors and members of the US military.

In WWII the allies talked about using infrared tracking of ships and aircraft, (mostly) to worry the Germans. They did play with it a bit (watching for enemy shipping off Gibraltar for example) but never got it to work.

I'm not sure how you can really guard against this type of activity in a free and open society.

What kind of company was it? I know in my field we don't typically work on any government classified projects, and an employer is not allowed to discriminate (or even ask) about citizenship status. They can't even find out with the I-9 if an employee presents an ID with a SSN card. I do remember applications where I was asked about whether or not I was a current citizen of specific countries, but as far as I know that's not allowed to be used to make a decision - only to determine if someone might need to be vetted further.

I'm not sure what can be done to prove loyalty or at least that people aren't necessarily spies based on national origin. I have an older friend who was born in China, but fled to Taiwan with his family when the nationalist government fell. He's not a fan of communism per se, but he's a huge fan of China. Even back in the 80s, when people asked, he thought of himself as being from China and being Chinese was the biggest part of his identity. But he was senior management at a defense contractor and a naturalized US citizen with access to classified information mostly regarding the work he did. I remember when he made an extended visit to China where he was going to also give a lecture, he had to be briefed on what was acceptable information to share with people there.

I worked in places where it was great because there weren't really any cliques based on national or ethnic origin per se. We would all go out together, talk together, and socialize together. The Indians strangely enough didn't form their own cliques, and the odd thing was that English was usually their common language because they didn't speak each other's native languages. Those who spoke Chinese were from all over - Taiwan, China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and even Macau.

What would be your solution then? Companies being allowed to legally discriminate against people based on national origin? Where would it end? I mean - Israel has tried to gather classified American information surreptitiously through defense contractors and members of the US military.

I wrote a long paragraph answer to your question, but I can't. All I can say is when a corporation steps over highly qualified candidates to hire highly less qualified people based on their sex and nationality, they are the problem. I don't know were we stand in aerospace technology, and I'm glad I don't know.. That means there is a policy that is working effectively.
Is it not discrimination when a company passes on a candidate based on his sex and country of origin? Because that happens every day, all day.

I wrote a long paragraph answer to your question, but I can't. All I can say is when a corporation steps over highly qualified candidates to hire highly less qualified people based on their sex and nationality, they are the problem. I don't know were we stand in aerospace technology, and I'm glad I don't know.. That means there is a policy that is working effectively.
Is it not discrimination when a company passes on a candidate based on his sex and country of origin? Because that happens every day, all day.

I just saw a TV show where the subject for the episode was a disaffected Vietnamese-American immigrant whose mother had a Ph.d in chemistry but couldn't get a job in the US because she was originally from North Vietnam, and was reduced to being a maid. I guess that's what your solution is?

So what's your answer? Any ethnic Chinese or South Asian engineer in Silicon Valley or working in aerospace is immediately considered to be untrustworthy and unhireable, especially if working in classified fields? The US military should openly discriminate against anyone who isn't of European or African-American ancestry? Because that's kind of what it sound like you're suggesting. If anything, they're discriminated against in some companies.

Chaina claims much, only a war will prove that.
Small country like Finland did buy 64 F-35. And after that Russia bombing Finland with propoganda. So i can image a US Air Force F-35 with even more tech can do😁

At the rate this country is decaying both morally and socially, it isn't going to matter what China does or doesn't do. We're quickly becoming our own worst enemy.
The media is behind this, and higher powers scripting the whole play behind them, pitting certain groups of people against each other and fomenting discrimination and rage. A week society split up against each other is part of a subversion tactic. Unfortunately some TV viewers take this hook, line and sinker. Cooler, and more logical heads will prevail....hopefully.

At the rate this country is decaying both morally and socially, it isn't going to matter what China does or doesn't do. We're quickly becoming our own worst enemy.
It wouldn't surprise me if we just gave them the plans for a jet since they don't have one yet and we do. You know, in the name of equality and inclusiveness.

Back