Exxon Superflo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from a trip to San Antonio and while there was trying to snag me some Chevron gear oil for the Vette and every place I stopped carried the Exxon Superflo oil. Seeing the company Exxon/Mobil makes it I wonder if anyone has seen a virgin analysis or a actual used oil analysis of this oil to compare to the Mobil Drive Clean ?
My guess is it is probably a pretty good buck a quart dino?

[ December 01, 2002, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

I've been wondering about that oil myself. I run into many Mobil stations and find this oil there, as well as other gas stations. It could be Mobil under the Exxon name. Not sure though. I'd like know what it is.

Exxon Superflow has always been its own brand, even though admittedly recently it may have changed formulation due to merger.
Havent heard anything about a change yet, but we often dont.

Known to be a good oil, there is also a Exxon Superflow Gold synthetic, (again unless recently changed) its a full PAO synthetic sold for $3 to $3.6.
the cheapest groupIV on the market.
If recent expereinces are a guide probably will be changed soon to a group III if it hasnt already.

This oil also has a lot of friends.
I would run it, if it was available as a 40 weight here.

Fred...
smile.gif

[ December 01, 2002, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: palmerwmd ]

Exxon SuperFlo is some of the cheapest motor oil around here...........KMart sells it for $0.99 a quart........

The Exxon Superflo Gold Synthetic must be discontinued since the Exxon/Mobil merger. Can't find any trace of it anymore anywhere. Obviously after the merger Exxon Mobil is now focusing on the Mobil 1 synthetic oil.........

I still saw it a few weeks ago in 2 viscosities.
(neitehr was my choice) but since it is a competitor to MOBIL1 I can see it being discontnued soon.

Fred...
smile.gif

Dragboat, back in 1996 my wife bought a new Nissan Maxima, still have the car. 188,000 miles on it and runs like a champ. The oil I used was only Exxon Superflo 10w-30. Why? Because the K Mart one mile down the road sells it for under a dollar a quart. I always had a problem buying oil for much over a dollar. My 540 engine I have always used just Texaco Havoline 10w-40. 1.09 to 1.19 a quart. Exxon Superflo is a good oil. By the way the oil was changed at 4000 to 5000 miles in my wifes car. Use factory Nissan filters these are made in Japan.

Only time I used Superflow was when I flushed my engine twice. I had to buy 5 separate quarts just for the 2nd flush interval and went with the cheapest they had which was Superflow. Many people seem like to use it as a break in oil before switching to synthetic.

Jason

No Moly, very well formulated low cost oil. Don't try to take it too far in a drain though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back