Extra sauce on your pizza?

When I used to work at Pizza Hut in HS, I distinctly recall getting in trouble for adding extra sauce (I presume it's a cost issue).

We now prefer homemade pizza from the cast iron pan.
A little extra sauce seems to make it a little better.

I like extra sauce too as most put little, unless the sauce is very salty. Dominos seems to have the right amount, but sometimes gives me heart burn.

My son always wants extra sauce on the side. He will bring his own bottle to the house if he has to. There is just something about the sauce that makes the pizza a lot better and I like tons of sauce too. My wife makes her own grilled pizza and it's fantastic.

I have noticed that most pizzas I have ordered have had very little sauce. I have started ordering extra sauce and man does it make a flavor difference!
So do you like a lot of sauce or light?
Oh yeah I've noticed this over the last few years. There are very few pizza places that I've been to that came with enough sauce.

No way. Sauce is my least favorite part of pizza lol. Give me crust, toppings and cheese and I’m happy. For all I care they can keep the sauce especially Papa Johns 🤢. I don’t eat the end of the crust either like the round circumference of the pizza I’ve heard it’s good in sauce but I don’t care for that or sauce so I haven’t tried it and I only get thin crust lol.

The Pizza ads you see today, are all “cheese, cheese, cheese”.

When I was a teenager,(I’m old) pizzas had a lot of sauce and not so much cheese. The cheese was also sliced in, not grated. (As is done on Italy today)

Now when I order a Pizza, I tell them,
“Double the sauce , and half the cheese “.

FYI. In Italy, what we call pepperoni, is called a different name, (Forget the name) translated ”dry sausage”.
Pepperoni in Italy is what we call
“Bell Peppers “. (Italian Bell Peppers are exactly like ours EXCEPT larger. Same diameter and circumference but twice as long”)

In Italy , everyone gets his own pizza. (One for each person)

Now you know.

I've watched a lot of food shows. One thing I've learned is that the experienced pizza guys always go light on the sauce and cheese. I now follow their advice, and I have to say, it makes a much better tasting pizza. But everyone has different tastes.

Back