Explaining the 'W" in XW-XX (And HTHS) w Lake Speed Jr.

Good primer from Lake Speed JR on oil viscosity.

I personally like listening to him explain things, he's pretty good at it and has the knowledge to back it up.

Last edited:
Maybe Brian123 should monetize his YT channel since he came up with the same answer as Lake Speed Jr… 🤣

He may or may not be a nice guy, and he may or may not be knowledgeable. But LSJ seems to come across as engine oil’s Billy Mays. It’s always an infomercial with him whether YT or EngineLabs or anyplace else he shows up. JMO.

Maybe Brian123 should monetize his YT channel since he came up with the same answer as Lake Speed Jr… 🤣

He may or may not be a nice guy, and he may or may not be knowledgeable. But LSJ seems to come across as engine oil’s Billy Mays. It’s always an infomercial with him whether YT or EngineLabs or anyplace else he shows up. JMO.
Maybe a little but. But at least he doesn't end the videos with 'find out more information by sending your samples to this company that sponsored the channel', or working their name into every other sentence.

If that were the case, it would be much more offputting.

He talks the same way when he's talking about piston rings as well. Just his personality I reckon.

Interesting guy!
I think I've seen one of his videos in the past but, I'm not sure.
He does indeed explain lubes quite well. I also like the excitement that he emits while he's talking.

Last edited:
Back