Exhaust Tips - Cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While washing my car tonight I took a close look at my stainless steel Vibrant exhaust tips and it looks like they have what I guess I would call pitting and/or light surface rust. http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1022_1034_1056&products_id=79 I am surprised as these tips are only like 2 years old and I have always washed them when I washed my car. Any suggestions as to what product(s) I should use to clean these up as I spent a decent amount of money on these tips.

I might try an s.o.s. pad. I would do it very gently on the bottom first to make sure it didn't scratch. I think I've used it to clean up the tips on a supersprint exhaust.

What works for me is to first spray w super clean degreaser, let it soak for a couple of minutes, then I go at it w a green pad and rinse really good w water. Then I use metal polish (mothers). It always comes out nice

Do not use any abrasive on the tips. You will just invite more rust/pitting. Cheapest way is to buy some Turtle Wax "all metal polish". It cleans and leaves a protective finish. Many more expensive products available but they all do the same thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.