Everstart Value Batteries - $69.74 - Do they exist?

Online inventory for these is inaccurate. You have to GO TO the walmart to see if they stock any. Brickseek may or may not be better.

I've had a months old one have a cell go bad, but only after learning the headlights on accidentally for about 18 hours. Other than that the several I've installed in the past several years lasted at least a couple of years.

I see these everstart value batteries at all the Walmarts and in most people's cars. Unless you buy a nice agm battery you only get 3 years out of batteries here in the hot desert, so people buy the cheap ones.

I just returned from shopping at my local WalMart in Yorktown Virginia which was fully stocked with EverStart 24F batteries in all grades (i.e., Value, Plus, Maxx, Platinum-AGM). Here are some photos I snapped of the 24F battery inventory. Note that they have returned to East Penn as their supplier after using Clarios for the past ~12 months (probably on an annual contract). Now that they are EP made again, I plan to buy one tomorrow after pulling the 5 year old battery core out of the Frontier which is showing SOH at 58%.

Attachments

• 20231126_111220_HDR_1.jpg
    20231126_111220_HDR_1.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20231126_111215_HDR.jpg
    20231126_111215_HDR.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 39
  • 20231126_111104.jpg
    20231126_111104.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
That's the old design they used up until around 2018-early 2019, the current design should be the one the OP linked above, unless Walmart resurrected the Value Power branding again.
I realize now that I left out an important detail. 🤣 The one I show the image of is the one they list as in stock, available for pick-up (today, etc). The one The Critic shows is "discontinued" for my local store.
Brickseek may or may not be better.
Have you tried it recently ? It wants me to create an account/log-in just to check inventory.

I realize now that I left out an important detail. 🤣 The one I show the image of is the one they list as in stock, available for pick-up (today, etc). The one The Critic shows is "discontinued" for my local store.

Have you tried it recently ? It wants me to create an account/log-in just to check inventory.
Brickseek is dead, I created an account and it no longer can pull store pricing and doesn't show local inventory of clearance items, so RIP brickseek.

i like this mans experience

Never had that experience.
The Value Power I bought for my F150 lasted 17 months.
The Maxx that replaced it just hit 5 years, but is about due for replacement. So over 3x the life for 2x the price.
The other 2 Maxx I have had to replace also each lasted 4+ years, so worth it for me.
Have a Maxx battery in 4 vehicles now from 1 month to 5 years old.

And that is the other issue for his video, part of what I am paying extra for is the convenience of not having to deal with a dead battery for a longer time. For me, not a huge deal, I have a portable jump starter if the battery dies, but for my wife and daughters vehicles, it is worth the price IMO (even though they both have jump packs in their vehicles as well).
I have debated getting another Value for my F150 once it does go out since the price for the maxx has gone up so much, and I just don't drive it much and still have no idea how long I will be keeping it.

I have one in my xterra, coming up on 2 years, still works good, tested says its almost done though. I only paid $55 back then.

I have a Maxx in my Frontier. Its coming up on 3 years. Was replaced once at 2 years though, so warranty is up. Is shot - needs to be replaced. So I guess I technically got 5 years out of that purchase, but the battery wasn't much better IMHO.

So not sure - I think the value one is well worth it.

Stopped at WM this afternoon and looked at batteries. My Everstart MAXX is approaching (4) years old but no signs of trouble but I thought to see what prices are ($139), just in case. I found this infamous 24F VALUE battery too. This store was pretty much overflowing with them, in fact !! They had 10+ in the "slot" with their price tag, more out of place on lower shelves, and 10+ over in the "shop" area. They must have ~30 24F VALUE units there. $69

1701473451906.jpg

Stopped at WM this afternoon and looked at batteries. My Everstart MAXX is approaching (4) years old but no signs of trouble but I thought to see what prices are ($139), just in case. I found this infamous 24F VALUE battery too. This store was pretty much overflowing with them, in fact !! They had 10+ in the "slot" with their price tag, more out of place on lower shelves, and 10+ over in the "shop" area. They must have ~30 24F VALUE units there. $69

View attachment 191085
The one nice thing nice is that yours are East Penn, I won't buy another Clarios 24F Value battery because they don't put a freaking handle on them, makes them impossible to remove on a Honda Oddyssey without a battery grip, unless you want to turn it 90 degrees and risk spilling acid, not something I want to do at my home.

The one nice thing nice is that yours are East Penn, I won't buy another Clarios 24F Value battery because they don't put a freaking handle on them, makes them impossible to remove on a Honda Oddyssey without a battery grip, unless you want to turn it 90 degrees and risk spilling acid, not something I want to do at my home.

Just remove a handle from one of the more expensive Everstart Plus 24 batteries, it'll snap right on and since it's Walmart, nobody will care.

Just remove a handle from one of the more expensive Everstart Plus 24 batteries, it'll snap right on and since it's Walmart, nobody will care.
I took the handle off the the group 75 battery I got rid of this summer in case I want to lif it out, but then I looked, that 24F doesn't even have the hoops on the side of it to accommodate a handle.
1701474740988.jpg

Back