EV Police Pursuit Vehicles

Yeah, I know that. He mentioned road trip, not daily routine.
I make around 50-70mls a day just around here.
That’s my similar daily mileage average. As low as 35 but as much as 300 just for work. You seem to trip more than me. I would do that in an EV, but I’ve never been able to travel like that with my 6 on 2 off schedule and 2 weeks of vacation a year. Just isn’t happening. Consider yourself blessed to have some real free time. I don’t care what it’s fueled by, I don’t have the time to dedicate that to a drive. Regularly do 150-300 though for off time. My longer trips are a once a year thing just limited by my schedule.

Road trip is 2000 miles. I did one this year 4,200 miles, another 2,300.
300? I ski twice a week where i rack up 300 daily there and back.
Id just fly if that were the distance involved. Less risk, cheaper, way more time to do whatever once I reach my destination, etc.

Id just fly if that were the distance involved. Less risk, cheaper, way more time to do whatever once I reach my destination, etc.
The trip is a destination. I cannot fly with my wife and 7 and 4-year-old Springs-Tahoe-San francisco-Yosemite-LA-Las Vegas-Grand Canyon-Durango-Back.

Reactions: Ws6
You and @Ws6 are putting down the miles. What's the odo on your BMW? 300K or more?
I have 2 vehicles over 200K, the TSX and Tundra. Both are perfect; I never even check the oil level.
Nah, BMW is currently at 138,000.
This year was an exception for BMW. I did not drive it for several months when I had a close encounter with a sidewalk doing donuts with my daughter, which resulted in the bent subframe. SInce it was dead winter, I kind of procrastinated doing work during cold weather.
Then I had a major brake upgrade. But since May, I am back driving mostly that, unless going somewhere with family.

Nah, BMW is currently at 138,000.
This year was an exception for BMW. I did not drive it for several months when I had a close encounter with a sidewalk doing donuts with my daughter, which resulted in the bent subframe. SInce it was dead winter, I kind of procrastinated doing work during cold weather.
Then I had a major brake upgrade. But since May, I am back driving mostly that, unless going somewhere with family.
Sounds like your daughter should be driving...

Don't know if it's technically a pursuit vehicle, but the Fort Bragg, California Police Department took delivery of 4 F-150 Lightnings. They already had gas-powered F-150s as patrol vehicles, so it seemed pretty sensible. The city itself is less than 3 square miles, so range probably isn't that much of a concern. They probably end up calling for support from the CHP and/or Mendocino County Sheriff anyways.

Our problem was powering all the emergency equipment. The outfitting company worked with Ford engineers and developed a system using a large, 12-volt marine-grade battery to run the emergency equipment. It is recharged from the main battery. The lights can stay on for over a week before the main battery depletes. The fear of the electronics in a police car rapidly draining the main battery is without merit.​
The F150 Lightning is not pursuit-rated; however, our field test performance experience with this truck provides valuable positive consideration. Fort Bragg officers have been involved in two pursuits with the F150 Lightning. All the officers reported the Lightning is superior in every way to the Explorer in regard to acceleration, braking, high-speed handling, visibility and traction. One of the pursuits involved a sport motorcycle. The officer had no difficulty keeping up with the motorcycle during acceleration and only canceled the pursuit when the suspect went around a locked gate off-road and could not be followed. The other pursuit of a stolen truck lasted about 15 minutes and reached speeds of 80 mph. There was lots of hard driving with lights, siren and radio in use the entire time resulting in only 8% use of the battery.​

Back