ethanol mandate gone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
e15 is dead!!the ethanol mandate is done as of feb 1st 2011..epa took away control from the state and gave to the oil companies...here in colorado, and the rest of the country ,a station can sell ethanol free gas all year long only in the 91 octane..the premium is used in blending the gas to make different blends of ethanol gas in case some people want ethanol in their cars.. as an vol. alternative energy.i found this out today from conoco and the epa.i hope i explained this right....brads conoco here in lakewood,co. started selling it early at the beginning of feb.instead of march..they can now sell 91 octane ethanol free all year long!! which is great!!!they also said e15 is dead and gone....e15 is a rumor for use.

Last edited:
Let'a just hope that this is the beginning of the end of the ethanol farce, wasting our food and water supply.

That's similar to how things are done in this Province. Gasoline is either 10% ethanol-containing regular 87 octane or ethanol-free 91. This allows me to use non-ethanol fuel in OPE & the sled (though the compression got bumped in the sled last year due to a thinner head gasket so 91 is simply a better choice for it now) while using mid-grade (50 - 50 mix) in the mini-van to keep the ethanol down in our wildly fluctuating winter temps (concerned about how much water is being 'carried' & phase separation). Usually run 87 octane regular in the summer time (van & bike).

John.

Originally Posted By: RiceCake
And?

Should I jump around and cheer at how great everything is now?

If its true, i will jump and cheer for you.

the proof is the gas staion owner who with conoco that delivers the gas told me about this..it has to be true or they would be in violation of the law...other stations could do the same...the mandate ended feb.1st 2011...he and conoco also called the epa!!! they explained to him what i wrote...anyways i can buy ethanol free gas here in colorado 91 octane all year long at this station..i imagine others might follow...at his station he also sells 6% ethanol in the 87 oct. and 10% ethanol in the 85 oct..so consumers have a choice.

Last edited:
If they don't have any ethanol in the fuel, then are we going back to fuel line freeze up in winter and adding dry gas to our tanks?
21.gif

We still have several stations wih ethanol free gas in Oklahoma. There s a 3-4% MPG loss with 10% ethanol gas. My Lexus gets 91 octane ethanol free gas (for a penny extra vs E10) but my van gets the E10 because the 10-20 cent hike isn't worth it to me.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
If they don't have any ethanol in the fuel, then are we going back to fuel line freeze up in winter and adding dry gas to our tanks?
21.gif

Why do that? How many times have you actually had enough water in your tank to ice up? Even if this sort of thing turns into a problem, the E10 and E85 will both still available.

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
anyways i can buy ethanol free gas here in colorado 91 octane all year long at this station..

Ethanol-free gas stations have always been around, alas rather few. That in itself is no proof of anything.

http://pure-gas.org/

While I have come to realize it's not necessarily the best use of our natural resources, I've been using it for the better part of my driving days (18 years) and I've YET to encounter a single fuel related problem. My wife has always used it (less now that we've better come to understand it's environmental impact) and she's had nary a problem.

I run it in my riding mower, because it runs better (slightly too rich on non ethanol) and for a while, my 2 cycle snowmobile because the gas station I frequent didn't label their fuel properly. Neither has blown up, neither has suffered carb or fuel line issues. The mower sits all winter with the same fuel in the tank/carb and always fires right up and runs fine the next season. Well, that's an easy one you say... The mower is only a year or two old, it hasn't had time to properly develop it's greatly under exaggerated evil tendencies. Bzzt... Wrong. The mower in question is better than 10 years old.

Is ethanol a viable, sustainable alternative fuel? No.

Is ethanol the spawn of the Devil? No.

After more the 30 years of use between my wife and I, ethanol has proven itself to be a perfectly usable fuel though. Now mind you, this is at a claimed 10% blend.

This is the only article I've read that corroborates this. But it's only talking about cellulosic ethanol, of which only 20,000 gallons were produced last year. It says nothing of corn-derived ethanol.

To remove the ethanol mandate requires lobbyists to be ignored and the admission on someone's part that mistakes were made.

Do you realistically think that will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back