Ethanol free vs Top Tier

I'm not particularly looking for but, I have personally never seen non ethanol gas in the lower octane ratings(86, 87, 89) in my area of travel. I'm not saying that it isn't available in my area, just have never seen it. And I have never seen a gas station label/post "TOP TIER" at their pumps or elsewhere.

However, I have seen stations label their pumps "Non Ethanol", but only in the highest octane at those pumps...when you ask the store attendant. Otherwise, people may be thinking that it's in all octane grades.

The only non ethanol gas in my area "to my knowledge", are available in the high(er) octane ratings(90, 91, 93), than what any of my vehicles need/require. And all E-0 are quite expensive over their ethanol(E-10) counterparts including high(er) octane E-10.

If the gas was going to sit around a while I'd use the e0 and add stabil. For regular daily use I run e10 TT. In the summer car, the last few tanks before winter storage are top tier and ethanol free shell v power which is also what I use in the outdoor power equipment.

I’d use a high volume station above all else. If there is one thing I’ve learned, it is ‘fresh gas is good gas’.

That is most likely a top tier branded station.

On Mondays I fill up using their card pay mid-grade price for 93 E10 at Valero and when I reach half a tank it's top off at Mom & Pops 93 E-free.

Works for me.

Using E-0 vs E-10 has a very noticeable torque improvement in my really small engines--50cc scooter and 100cc push lawnmower. While the ethanol improves the octane number, it has less energy output because the alcohol is partially "burned" already because the molecule contains oxygen.

Back