Esso XD-3 0W-30 blended with ...what ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up my first case of Esso XD-3 0W-30 HD synthentic. It's in 4 liter jugs and my car takes pretty much 5 liters with the larger oil filter and all.

Any suggestions what would be a suitable choice to top up the 5th liter ?

If I can find the same oil in 1 liter bottles, I'll use that. But if not, I don't really want to start splitting up the jugs.

Thanks...Phil

I second that. With 16L you'll have enough for 3 oil changes plus 1-2L left over for toppipng up. Oil doesn't go bad once the bottle is opened, just close it tightly and store it in a place with reasonable conditions.

I buy the XD-3 buy the case (4x4) in the 4L jug due to the fact the recycling truck will only take my used oil in 4L jugs.Keep one empty litre container (mine is a Mobil 1 container with a side view window)for topping up and adding oil to different vehicles and just keep everything closed,clean and put in a safe place where nobody will put something else in it.

Thanks for the advice all.

After reading the replies, I think I'll see if I can get some single liter bottles of the stuff to go along with the 4 L jugs. I know that running a full charge of this stuff is the right thing to do.

If not, at least I know that Esso says that XD-3 15W-40 is a good compliment.

Thanks again folks....Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back