Eonon 9163K Android Head Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought one of these after Christmas for the Mazda3

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Eonon-Quad-Core-Applicable-GA9163K/dp/B07HNX7738/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1546460128&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=Mazda+3+Series+2010%2C2011%2C2012+and+2013+opticore

I figure I can try it out buying from Amazon vs the Chinese dealer direct, and if I don't care for it, I'll send it back.

I got a free backup camera with it. Frankly, that took the longest to install, finding the backup light wiring in the trunk and tapping it to power the camera.

The installation was pretty painless. It came with the CANBUS adapter for the Mazda, so my steering wheel controls already worked. Other than the backup lights, no wiring splices. The wiring that came in the box with the unit included both wires for Bose and non-Bose equipped Mazda 3 options.

Put a 128g SD card in it. Supported even though it says only 64g supported. I had to get some help from support to change the AM band to 10kHz as it comes set for 9kHz common to Europe and Asia, IIRC.

Seems I have more choices as it's essentially a double din Android tablet. It can connect to my home WiFi in the garage and my phone as a hot spot when on the road.

For $339+ tax shipped to me and an afternoon on NYE installing it, not a bad experience so far.

Bigger NAV screen. The 2012 Mazda3 has a very tiny and apparently no longer upgradeable NAV system.

Plus, I listen to podcasts and the like, so I can install Stitcher in the unit and just d/l my podcasts there.

I can run Torque right on the unit because it's an Android tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back