Engine bay detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

It looks like a golf ball its been hailed on pretty good but it will make a nice car for someone

Don't have to worry about door dings!
laugh.gif

What color is the atf?

My two favorites.
2000 Trans Am WS6. 68,000 miles. Business end of 424 RWHP without N2O.
smile.gif

2014 Caprice. 24,500 miles. Based off 1/4 mile time and MPH I would say 320-330 to wheels. No dyno on this one yet

A good friend of mine had a 2000s SLP Camero and it was a blast. Had some issues with the clutch master. Something about the lines being too small or flexing? Can't remember. Sometimes it made shifting difficult, but someone had a kit to fix it. I think we did the knock sensors and harness and that was about it.

Really nice cars.

Originally Posted By: PolarisX
A good friend of mine had a 2000s SLP Camero and it was a blast. Had some issues with the clutch master. Something about the lines being too small or flexing? Can't remember. Sometimes it made shifting difficult, but someone had a kit to fix it. I think we did the knock sensors and harness and that was about it.

Really nice cars.

Yep both pretty common. The clutch line had like an orifice that you could drill out or get a new one. All mine got a new line.
Knock sensors are pretty common in all LSx platforms. Other than that they are rock solid.

Love my T56.

Before and after of my old Mazdaspeed 3:
Dirty%20Underhood_zpswhjvtuiw.jpg

Clean%20Underhood_zpsd4ifmtxe.jpg

And a shot of the M42 in my Club Sport; and yes, I know it needs a MUCH more thorough detailing:
19223a38-8fba-4038-92df-9671b09462f0_zps4aad4b3f.jpg

Nice work guys. I can't wait for the weather to turn here so I can get going on my truck. I did take advantage of the good weather we got Monday and cleaned (and dressed) my wheels and tires. It's a start.

On the car that spent 12 years outdoors in Chicago, the engine bay is now more rusty hardware than anything else, so detailing looks odd.

These days it gets a spray from the presoak/degreaser setting from the car wash, a pass with the soap setting on low pressure, and a low pressure rinse from the wand. A few minutes driving around has the engine bay dry again.

I don't know why, but every time I see all these clean and shiny engines, it puts a smile on my face. Love the pix.

The key is to never let them get dirty. At every wash I carefully vacuum the engine compartment with the crevice tool followed by the brush. I then hand detail every square inch with detail spray on the metal and 303 on the plastic. Does not take long and engine compartments always look good.

Last edited:
I've had good luck with 303 on the engine parts. It's very slick so dirt doesn't adhere, and the engine can be cleaned with just a strong solution of car soap (Gold Class @ 32:1)and a hose. Didn't even have to reapply the 303 after a year.

APC or stronger cleaners will remove it.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
I've had good luck with 303 on the engine parts. It's very slick so dirt doesn't adhere, and the engine can be cleaned with just a strong solution of car soap (Gold Class @ 32:1)and a hose. Didn't even have to reapply the 303 after a year. APC or stronger cleaners will remove it.

Yep. Despite what some of the so called "experts" on this forum say, the stuff is amazing.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
I've had good luck with 303 on the engine parts. It's very slick so dirt doesn't adhere, and the engine can be cleaned with just a strong solution of car soap (Gold Class @ 32:1)and a hose. Didn't even have to reapply the 303 after a year.

APC or stronger cleaners will remove it.

I had good luck with it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back