email link problems in Windows Live Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi-Gateway desktop, running 64bit Windows 7, essentially flawless for months until the last few days. When I send a link by email from work to home with a link to a website I want to look at in the evening, or someone sends me a link and I click on it, I get a message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program, or if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel." I have googled many different combinations of that and can't find an answer to what is wrong and what I need to do to get my computer working again so I can open links from my email.
Can any of the Bitogers help?? Thanks, Bill

Hi-I tried MajorGeeks website and found someone who had similiar problems, and did the fix that worked for him, reset my browser default. I had tried Chrome, had not liked it and deleted it and I think I did not re establish Firefox as the default because when I went into default programs and did that, I can get the links to open when I click on them in Windows Live. thanks for looking. I'm happy. Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back