Electric stove not heating. Help!

Frigidaire Gallery Series LGEF3045KFJ electric stove, about 4 years old. The oven won't heat/broil, rather the temp rises very slow. A degree every few minutes, not past 200 degrees. The stove top burners all work. I tested the temp probe and it came back in normal range of 1100 ohms, I tested both the heating and broil element and they came back in the normal range of 14 ohm & 16 ohm. I checked power from the wall its it's 125v each leg. The control board looks good with no burns of visual signs of damage.

Am I missing something?

Definitely sounds like it's running on about half the required voltage, but as to the cause, that's a whole other story. It could go all the way back to a bad leg on the breaker. Don't forget, voltage with no load is totally different than voltage under load. Each leg must be supplying the correct amperage as well.

I get very suspicious of house supply when I hear things like this.
Do the top burners work correctly?
Any other problems in the house?
If not, if so, turn all the expensive stuff off first and call electrician.

Need to take a voltmeter & verify 240 VAC at the plug pins when the stove has the oven & burners on. If it’s there, then there’s likely a broken wire somewhere in the stove that’s not feeding the oven elements.

240 should have 120 on each leg?? where are we getting power problem from?

So neither oven element is working? right?

120 on each leg does not necessarily mean there is 240 between the two legs. You have to measure that separately. With the stove plugged in and oven turned on as others said.

Definitely sounds like it's running on about half the required voltage, but as to the cause, that's a whole other story. It could go all the way back to a bad leg on the breaker. Don't forget, voltage with no load is totally different than voltage under load. Each leg must be supplying the correct amperage as well.
This is exactly what happened to me. The burners worked fine but the oven didn't heat very fast.

We were living in an old house at the time (1928 vintage) and a tree branch had grown around the wires coming into the house. One of the wires had broken inside that mess so the house was getting a maximum of only 120 Volts and not the usual 240 Volts.

So it sounds to me like the problem is somewhere in that space, whether it's coming into the house, in the electrical panel, the connection, or in the stove itself will be the search.

If Stove top elements function theres good chance theres a bad relay or component on the control board. That's if oven element ohms out or has continuity. If you carefully disconnect both connectors going to element put your test leads on each spade see if your getting supply voltage depending on your service you should see 208-250v on the high side most commonly 220-240v

Back