Electric Power Washer Storage

I live in the mid west and seldom use my electric power washer. This creates some problems it seem the water here is kind of hard and I reverse flush the machine before
I start to use it. Lots of gunk normally comes out. How do you store your electric washer and what PMs to do before winter sets??

The pump is a pump whether its electric or gas. I'd check the manual or just use pump saver. My manual for my gas unit is to use a short section of garden hose on the pump, and wtih a funnel, put rv antifreeze in before winter. Letting water freeze, causes small cracks that leak water and/or pump oil.

The pump is a pump whether its electric or gas. I'd check the manual or just use pump saver. My manual for my gas unit is to use a short section of garden hose on the pump, and wtih a funnel, put rv antifreeze in before winter. Letting water freeze, causes small cracks that leak water and/or pump oil.
Thanks for the your idea on the RV antifreeze. I normally keep the washer in the basement during winter. The accessories are left in the garage but might be time for those to be also in the basement.

They sell preservative in an aerosol can with garden hose-end, kinda like a fix-a-flat can. It's got antifreeze but also something that keeps the o-rings happy.

They sell preservative in an aerosol can with garden hose-end, kinda like a fix-a-flat can. It's got antifreeze but also something that keeps the o-rings happy.
Yes it's called pump saver.

63a79c28-6d50-402f-9585-3cb7bf1a32f1_1.1951032a2b62ba8614a657fa3c00ace7.jpeg

My dads pressure washer specifically says to use RV antifreeze if it’s going to be sitting without use over a few months. Freezing or not, the antifreeze should help slow/ prevent corrosion.

Back