Electric Cars Pass the Tipping Point to Mass Adoption in 31 Countries

Despite the pushback, is there any reason to think EV's will come to a halt?

"Once 5% of new-car sales go fully electric, everything changes — according to a Bloomberg Green analysis of transitions underway across four continents."

Actually saw a Tesla at a supercharger yesterday. Now if they can only get as popular as Tim Horton’s. :D

C574A2F3-56A4-412D-91C6-9E86A6A40BC4.jpeg

Last edited:
Ah, it's a Bloomberg article.

The perception that electric vehicles (EVs) are unequivocally clean and beneficial is oversimplified and flawed. It's revealing that, in various countries, consumer adoption often hinges on significant government mandates and financial incentives. This reliance on external pressures to stimulate interest in a product alleged to be universally advantageous, including for environmental conservation, suggests a complex and potentially dubious value proposition.

The perception that electric vehicles (EVs) are unequivocally clean and beneficial is oversimplified and flawed. It's revealing that, in various countries, consumer adoption often hinges on significant government mandates and financial incentives. This reliance on external pressures to stimulate interest in a product alleged to be universally advantageous, including for environmental conservation, suggests a complex and potentially dubious value proposition.
True. (y)

Let’s keep in mind that none of the funding from the federal government is generated by taxpayers. It’s just added to the deficit.
We are seeing the inflation. I remember in the 1970s the inflation very well . The cost of the military and the Vietnam [Korea was ahead of my time] was was costly in many ways.,

EVs will have a place in America but they will be far more prevalent overseas.
It's just fact, the vast majority of Americans do not want the current offering and technology of today's EVs for a primary car. Its to inconvenient for most and sales numbers prove it in the USA.

Let’s keep in mind that none of the funding from the federal government is generated by taxpayers. It’s just added to the deficit.
Which the taxpayers pay with every paycheck and even worse, plus interest. At time of this post each taxpayer currency owes $266,950 in tax money to the federal government debt. Interest alone is getting close to one trillion dollars.

Last edited:
Despite the pushback, is there any reason to think EV's will come to a halt?

"Once 5% of new-car sales go fully electric, everything changes — according to a Bloomberg Green analysis of transitions underway across four continents."

I'm no sales expert, but I didn't realize 5% of the market meant everything was changing and you are taking hold of the masses...

Absolutely!!

In my opinion, the evolution of electric vehicle (EV) technology has veered drastically off course. A more pragmatic approach would have involved equipping these vehicles with the capability to generate their own electricity. This oversight is merely the tip of the iceberg. Presently, dealerships lack the specialized staff required for the maintenance and repair of most EVs. In instances where a battery is damaged, dealers often refuse to perform repairs, leaving the owner to foot the bill for an entirely new battery unit. Even when the battery itself is unscathed, a mere dent in the protective pack or shield can prompt recommendations for costly replacements.

This haphazard rollout suggests a lack of thorough planning, with early adopters bearing the brunt of these oversights. Despite being touted as the future of transportation for years, there's a conspicuous absence of a long-term strategy for managing these vehicles at the end of their lifecycle.

Certainly, there are opportunities for improvement. Regrettably, established automakers appear fixated on short-term financial results and the accumulation of carbon credits rather than genuine innovation. As Carlos Tavares, CEO of Stellantis, pointed out through his statements, the industry's shift away from purchasing Tesla's carbon credits doesn't signify a commitment to sensible EV development. Instead, we see Stellantis flood the market with 6,000-pound electric "muscle cars," a far cry from the efficiency that should define electric mobility. Take the Hummer EV as a case in point; its design philosophy starkly contrasts with the notion of efficiency, highlighting a broader industry trend of prioritizing carbon credit strategies over genuine sustainability.

Moreover, the narrative peddled to consumers—that one can enjoy the benefits of electric driving without compromise—feels disingenuous. This perspective doesn't even touch on the ethical quagmires associated with conflict minerals, their extraction processes, and the prevalent "green hypocrisy" within the industry.

These factors collectively underscore my profound disillusionment with electric vehicles, a sentiment fueled by both their operational shortcomings and the broader ethical concerns surrounding their production and marketing.

That is a wonderful précis of the EV reality. (y)

Seriously jokes - to me - are these cheesy states, just say WA state, because, well because............these states saying ALL vehicles must be EVs by 2032 (reach in your crack and pick a year) ......................

Really?
Exactly. Cheesy states, how about NY? Funny thing is the way I'm wired the harder they push an agenda like Electrify America, or eliminate ICE by 2032, etc. the more I hope it fails. Electric pizza ovens, that's in the NYC mayor's crosshairs LOL! Don't get me started on the Governor. Set a realistic obtainable goal, and let it fail or succeed on its own merit.

Back