Eid Mubarak!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a holiday greeting to anyone who celebrates. Hope it's restful and enjoyable for you.

For the end of Ramadan I assume? What is a typical celebration for the end of Ramadan? Family get together, special food, etc?

I find it interesting that all of the major religions stick to astrological happenings to determine a lot of their special days rather than a calendar basis.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I find it interesting that all of the major religions stick to astrological happenings to determine a lot of their special days rather than a calendar basis.

Yup, Christianity has a lot of their holidays based this way because that was what the Roman pagan religion did. It was easier to have the holidays at the same time so the Romans wouldn't suspect what was going on.

Mefat Bayrami! At least that is how I hear my Kosovar neighbour Musa pronounce it. Big get together w/ family as the long fast is broken. His wife Nilah makes the best baklava! She also does a spiced meat-infused phyllo pastry. Sort of a very good version of a sausage roll. They are about the length of a hot dog & you get a home-made yoghurt dip for dippin'...

The Ismaili Family barely got out in advance of genocidal Serbian militia bent upon their total destruction. They fled on foot w/ whatever they could carry after being warned by UN troops to bug out. Musa carried his infirm, elderly mother, get this, on his back. The family of seven just barely made it out & got to a UN refugee camp. When they reported in to be sent to a welcoming country they were told that they would be going to Canada. He says that they were overjoyed & felt that they won the lottery. He still feels that way, God bless him. His family is very faithful & we have wonderful conversations from time to time. He taught me how to build a proper French drain for my back yard. He was the "foreman" & I did as I was told! He's in his late seventies & in great physical shape. It was hard to keep up w/ him.

Mefat Bayrami to my good friend Musa!

John.

Have a few friends who celebrate end of Ramadan today.
Eid Mubarak to them!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back