Egg Nog...love it or hate it?

Attachments

• 70226DA7-7F07-4E59-95B4-540E6E6688B6.jpeg
    70226DA7-7F07-4E59-95B4-540E6E6688B6.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 20
I’m not going back through the threads but whichever one of you guys suggested this eggnog, you need your head examined lol. Disgusting.
Tastes like cough syrup.

View attachment 79790
Agreed. Maybe it tasted better some years back, but current batches taste no better than everything else on store shelves.

In years prior, my local grocery store used to carry something from a local farm - came in those glass bottles. It was $10 a bottle, but at least it tasted decent. They don't carry it anymore. Time to make my own I guess so that I can control sugar content.

Like Boiled Custard better as a kid.

Might buy some when we get closer to Christmas. Or, better yet, ask the wife to make some homemade!

Been years since I had egg nog. My understanding is that Egg Nog has spices, while BC doesn't?

What changes have you guys seen in the southern comfort? I bought 2 or 3 things of it so far and it tastes fine and normal to me the normal goodness.

What changes have you guys seen in the southern comfort? I bought 2 or 3 things of it so far and it tastes fine and normal to me the normal goodness.
Extra sweet mainly, not much other flavor behind the sweetness.

I saw some half gallons of a brand I had not seen before - at WinCo - yesterday.

Alpenrose

Super creamy and eggy. And not TOO sweet. NO HFCS. Drawback: Light on spice. That's OK though.

Mixed great with Penn Dutch boozy stuff. WIN WIN!!

In years prior, my local grocery store used to carry something from a local farm - came in those glass bottles. It was $10 a bottle, but at least it tasted decent. They don't carry it anymore. Time to make my own I guess so that I can control sugar content.
Found it at another store. It's good, but I'm not sure if it's $10 good (plus $2 bottle deposit of course).

They use real cane sugar, but there is no nutrition label, so no clue how much of it is in there.

8f1Z5lL.jpg

zG1JrEV.jpg

Back