ECOGARD X-241 CUT OPEN

I think the blow out sale they had was because of the design change. And EG always put that jobber line on most filters. The price is up and I'm seeing the full synthetic only a $1 more...the old version..
The price still fluctuates on walmart and Amazon sites. I just bought a few more last week for the Lexus at $3.xx each. The Honda filter was also $3 xx but I have plenty...

Same for the EG air filters. Some models are $6.xx and others are $12.xx.

Here's the subject Ecogard X241 on Amazon (sold & ships from Amazon) for $9.13, which seems high - could get something better for around that price. Some Ecogards are around $3 on Amazon depending on the model.

ECOGARD X241 Premium Spin-On Engine Oil Filter

https://a.co/d/6ZUN4qW

Here's the subject Ecogard X241 on Amazon (sold & ships from Amazon) for $9.13, which seems high - could get something better for around that price. Some Ecogards are around $3 on Amazon depending on the model.

ECOGARD X241 Premium Spin-On Engine Oil Filter

https://a.co/d/6ZUN4qW
If paying retail, which @53' Stude is probably not, Might as well get the extended version of this filter for $8.93.

https://www.amazon.com/ECOGARD-S241-Engine-Filter-Synthetic/dp/B00I8IJ09S/ref=sr_1_1?crid=E6GM5EHW8MP5&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.FQYo4c16x5qjnMSjhIYCtEZpGVv2Gfy1WruxFHZXvzqN0ZJhqnlvYk1g6QqofeaCYjIDxdrdjlxpXfB0qRbGoRdrnrqUvJfE1kodogsK7-0DDs_rKqGVV_08wfXzaBmmLQ9QyKx_O07XFhb1KD3rVkZ5ACl-3ai8YDjJ8aCdlZiNgtNSSsgfFd_c9z7ssFBOIJZQORAVtl4QrbuhPnfgSoK4QZtVIJfHM1B2y7XE724eMksi08eMLIoU6WZXkWxUu-j6YTDab-3kFH8z0HsKtKfE22mnEDI-OFoCF5GNTVw.zVKU1M8NVE11-pkg-ebofXS9jldzKI8NwKcBiZpo4EY&dib_tag=se&keywords=ecogard+s241&qid=1710581183&s=automotive&sprefix=ecogard+s241,automotive,243&sr=1-1

71P1hkNzN-L._AC_SL1500_1.jpg

61XYFwG0iWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'm running a blue can x4612 on my rogue I'm curious to know those end caps construction. If they're anything like pictured above I wouldn't be bum hurt, if ones going to have fiber end caps let it be as stout as your cut up filter. thanks for sharing (y)

I can't recall seeing end caps quite like the topic on a spin on filter. They remind me of a variation of end caps on Mann cartridge filters, eg, BMW oem. Thick looking. Perhaps I missed it but didn't see a coo? China made? Solid looking element.

Thanks for c&p.

Certainly all over the map price wise as noted. You can get a steal on them or pay as much as you would for a Premium Guard synthetic with silicone ADBV. Pays to shop around.

Certainly all over the map price wise as noted. You can get a steal on them or pay as much as you would for a Premium Guard synthetic with silicone ADBV. Pays to shop around.
^this
The EG X-series prices on Walmart and Amazon change every week; sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes $2.xx with free shipping. the S-series prices also fluctuate but not as much. TruTrans is the seller for both.

Thanks for the C&P Adam!

Even without metal end caps, looks like a really nice filter. I would run it. My fleet vehicle for work is a Ford Escape. I think it uses this filter, but would have to check. Im
Considering buying it for my son when it’s time to turn it back in.

Thanks for the C&P Adam!

Even without metal end caps, looks like a really nice filter. I would run it. My fleet vehicle for work is a Ford Escape. I think it uses this filter, but would have to check. Im
Considering buying it for my son when it’s time to turn it back in.
The 241 is the Premium Guard version of the FL-910s / 3614 sizes so yes most likely what fits your Escape.

The 195 series would be the FL-400s / 3600 upsize.

Good Morning Fantastic,
What features are there with the Ecogard that has them highly regarded? I ask because when I compare it to a Tough Guard it appears one gets more performance for the $ with the Fram product.

The Ecogard posted in the link is rated at 10k miles with 99.5% efficiency @ 25 microns for $8.48 and comes from China. (in fact the one for my Subaru is $12.51)
A Fram Tough Guard is rated at 15k miles with 99% efficiency @ 20 microns for $7.17 (15% less, 40% less for my Subaru) and is USA produced. And they're available both on Amazon and at Walmart where you can inspect it before purchase.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Good Morning Fantastic,
What features are there with the Ecogard that has them highly regarded? I ask because when I compare it to a Tough Guard it appears one gets more performance for the $ with the Fram product.

The Ecogard posted in the link is rated at 10k miles with 99.5% efficiency @ 25 microns for $8.48 and comes from China. (in fact the one for my Subaru is $12.51)
A Fram Tough Guard is rated at 15k miles with 99% efficiency @ 20 microns for $7.17 (15% less, 40% less for my Subaru) and is USA produced. And they're available both on Amazon and at Walmart where you can inspect it before purchase.

Thank you!
These are frequently snapped up on line for 2 to 3 dollars, making them quite attractive.

These are frequently snapped up on line for 2 to 3 dollars, making them quite attractive.
Hi KC Jeep,
Are you referring to the Ecogard Synthetic, the "S" version for $2-$3? If that's the case that is an incredible value.

The X version of the EcoGard is only a 5K mile rated filter so for $2-$3 it would not be that great of a value.

Good Morning Fantastic,

Thank you!
Hello Bellavita, Good question & this is just one guys opinion. Quality / Consistancy matters at the end of the day. Fram & others are not in the same league on QC. I'd pay more for a Ecogard/PG just for the better Quality control. Fram & others have done an excellent job of cheapening their product lines & have gotten sloppy consistency lately. Lousy glue jobs, wide pleat spacing, fiber end caps, no wire backing, etc. These Premium Guard filters are what one would expect for any filter but many don't live up to when it comes to production quality. Again, Efficiency is still good on these filters but OVERALL quality wins in my mind any day of the year. Efficiency is nice to have but if the filter looks like it's pleats have been spread apart, glue flung all over the filter, & cheapening of products in the market then it's no bueno. As others have mentioned, these filters can be had for cheap & they've proven to be excellent quality built. It can be seen & measured by our eyes easily in my experience here seeing many filters cut open from @53' Stude, @Zee09 & others

Last edited:
Hello Bellavita, Good question & this is just one guys opinion. Quality / Consistancy matters at the end of the day. Fram & others are not in the same league on QC. I'd pay more for a Ecogard/PG just for the better Quality control. Fram & others have done an excellent job of cheapening their product lines & have gotten sloppy consistency lately. Lousy glue jobs, wide pleat spacing, fiber end caps, no wire backing, etc. These Premium Guard filters are what one would expect for any filter but many don't live up to when it comes to production quality. Again, Efficiency is still good on these filters but OVERALL quality wins in my mind any day of the year. Efficiency is nice to have but if the filter looks like it's pleats have been spread apart, glue flung all over the filter, & cheapening of products in the market then it's no bueno. As others have mentioned, these filters can be had for cheap & they've proven to be excellent quality built. It can be seen & measured by our eyes easily in my experience here seeing many filters cut open from @53' Stude, @Zee09 & others
Well said. Exactly how I feel. For some reason the consolidation of the US filter companies has really done a number on QC across the board. I’m sad to say when the OG’s are gone I’m going to Microgard Select. I’m all about buying USA products but when it looks like they could care less and have no pride in build quality I have to draw the line.

Back