Echo PB-256L Blower Dies Abruptly after running for a few minutes ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I posted this at another site, so my apologies if this is a duplicate post for you.

I searched some groups and found some helpful info, but I feel like I already tried everything suggested, so presenting my issue here in hopes of finding a solution. Also would like feedback on one hypothesis and if it makes any sense at all.

I have an Echo PB-256SL blower that has never had any issues until recently. The symptoms are these:

- running fine and then abruptly dies - no sputtering, noises, visual indications of problems - just dies as if it were electric and the plug got pulled.
- upon trying to restart, no luck - as if no spark is available to allow combustion
- in some cases, coming back later blower may start but will die soon after as described

I have done the following with no change in behavior until the last thing I did (more on that in a moment):

- used fresh fuel/oil
- replaced plug, carb, fuel lines, vent, filter, etc. and grommet, gaskets etc. and spark arrestor
- tested spark - it has spark
- tested compression - around 120 psi

Same exact behavior, so I do not believe it is the carb or fuel system, but I am not someone that knows this stuff very well, so open to suggestions.

The last thing I did, which I thought fixed the problem was to reinstall everything to be sure I did not miss something, or install something incorrectly, or not tighten a screw or bolt, etc. After doing this, machine fired up and ran for 5 minutes - problem fixed, right? Next day took it out and under load it ran longer than before, but after 6 minutes or so, it died abruptly, exactly like before.

From reading through the forum, is it possible the exhaust is clogged somewhere along the way and relacing the arrestor does not fix that? How do you completely clean out the exhaust system?
Another post mentioned other places along the route where clogs could prevent fuel delivery.

Another thought: Is it possible the wiring for the start/stop on the handle is faulty causing the machine to "think" that I have flipped the switch to off? Maybe prolonged vibration is causing a short? Can this switch be bypassed for testing purposes?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

sounds like maybe you have a bad coil. if the exhaust is clogged take off the muffler and look at the spark arrester. its basically a metal screen .if its clooged some people toss them . you in cali so you best replace it or face arrest by the CARB folks.
smirk2.gif

I also agree that it is possibly a bad coil. You need to test the spark immediately after it stops and won't start. Spark should jump aprox. 1/4 inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back