Ebay baseball card storage program

What’s the rational of this new thing Ebay rolled out. Send your cards to them and they they store it in a safe place? I never was into cards, but isn’t that what a safety deposit box is for? It looks like their "experts" inspect them before they go into the vault so buyers can be assured they are genuine if you later want to sell them through Ebay. Maybe Ebay Motors could do something like this for cars.

I wouldn't trust anyone else holding your property, and that includes banks with safe-deposit boxes. Things get "lost", businesses go defunct, and websites vanish.

Along these lines, plenty of scams involve buying precious metals and getting a piece of paper saying your metals are being held in X location, instead of actually receiving the metals in your possession. If I own something potentially valuable, I want to be able to hold it in my hot little hands and keep it on my property where I can get to it quickly.

Along these lines, plenty of scams involve buying precious metals and getting a piece of paper saying your metals are being held in X location, instead of actually receiving the metals in your possession. If I own something potentially valuable, I want to be able to hold it in my hot little hands and keep it on my property where I can get to it quickly.
Seems like they would commoditize "your" card into a box with 1000 others all certified to be in the same condition by "their guy". Might include some clever counterfeits, we don't know.

Then when you get "yours" back it would be like getting "NGK" spark plugs from Amazon because they were commingled. Really?

I'd bet the home page picture is CGI.
Reminds me of what the place that freezes bodies for future revival might look like. Rows upon rows of people stacked neatly together.

Untitled.jpg

Back