Ebay abusive Buyer warning

Call eBay and get them on the phone. Ask them to please explain what makes you an abusive buyer. Imo the trailer seller posted a misleading ad. The seller should be reprimanded, NOT you. The trailer seller sounds very shady.
I've been using eBay for more than 20 years, they don't have a phone to call.

I think eBay has gotten better over the years. It seems to side more with buyers now, though. Not much to be done when someone wins and auction and doesn't pay, for example.
That's why I only sell items with "buy it now" listings. I had too many deadbeat buyers who didn't pay after they won the auctions. They would string me along for a week, if they even bothered to reply. People can really suck sometimes.

It is a fancier version of craigslist, not a dumb down version of Amazon. Most of the time I only buy from seller with lots of good review and have things at stake, so I trust that if something goes south I can ask them to fix it. No way would I buy something $2000 from a homeless guy in the shelter sight unseen.

Sometimes you just have to do your own investigation before the transaction. Once I was selling the right to a new iPhone to be picked up from Apple Store internationally (so if things are not delivered I would not be able to do much when charge back happens). The buyer bid on it, using a commercial address of a business in England. I found the address and I call, there is no such person. I message to see if I can get her to pick up from their local apple store 3 blocks away from her address, no reply.

I bet she was surprised that I could get her to pick it up in person from the store so she cannot just lost the package. I end up having to ask ebay to cancel the transaction as a scam. Ended up selling it to a coworker instead.

Meg Whitman could have made eBay and Paypal the Amazon we have today, but instead she milked it to a craigslist. I'm glad she is not our governor and we know better (same for Carla Fiorina, who drove HP from a tech giant into a laughing stock as well).

Ebay only removes listings that are reported, and more often then not, the people reporting his listings are competitors of his selling the same items. What is subject matter on the cards?
I don't know if it is always like that. Once someone post the human souls of a family of 4 and I won the auction for $100, it got cancelled by eBay.

Caution about Ebay, the scams are increasing rapidly there. Sellers and buyers.
Sellers are moving fake or stolen items. Buyers will have a broken item, find and buy your identical item, and then claim to Ebay you sold them a broken item and get a refund and you're out the money, shipping, and item.

Be very very careful with these online sites.

Reactions: GON
I have never spent more than about $400 on any eBay transaction, and anything much above $100 is very exceptional. You should also be wary of any seller with a rating under, say, 99.5%. Really. No exaggeration. A rating of 91% might look good at first glance, but that means 9 out of 100 buyers were unhappy with him/her. And that's huge.

Never have I done anything on eBay Motors. It just doesn't seem like a great way to buy or sell a vehicle. When you're talking $thousands, that's when the scammers start to come out.

Fake auto parts have become a problem on eBay and Amazon. One that has come up a lot recently is fake NGK and Denso spark plugs.

It just doesn't seem like a great way to buy or sell a vehicle.
HAHA! Ebay sent me a certificate last year commemorating $1M in sales. Yea, that's not a great way to sell a vehicle. Where else do you get exposure for your car all over the country and even the world? Facebook? That has way more scammers then Ebay and since the listing is free, sellers ask stupid prices for junk. Plus the search function is useless. Craigslist? $5 a listing means you get what you pay for. Only local buyers and most of them chiselers asking if you'll take half your listed price without even seeing the car.

Caution about Ebay, the scams are increasing rapidly there. Sellers and buyers.
Sellers are moving fake or stolen items. Buyers will have a broken item, find and buy your identical item, and then claim to Ebay you sold them a broken item and get a refund and you're out the money, shipping, and item.

Be very very careful with these online sites.
This happens since the beginning of time. You need to always take photos of it before opening the item and you always ship with tracking, etc.

I don't sell things that scammers are interested in or fragile. I also pack my stuff well. On buying I have filed dispute a few times and with good reason. Chinese air drop sometimes break but most of the time they took care of things (likely cheaper to ship 100 items with 3 broken in transit than 97 well packaged and perfect).

Some international people I know says ebay is too expensive and they use AliExpress, and I have to say if you think ebay is bad Ali is worse, but hey, it is cheaper and you are usually lucky, usually.

Ebay is great. You can sell with No Returns policy. They have people you can call and talk to. They try to resolve issues fairly instead of just blanket awarding things to the buyer at the sellers expense. All of these policies lead to the lowest possible price. Cross shop things on Amazon vs Ebay and its nearly always more on Amazon.

If you wanna sell fairly, go to Ebay. If you wanna buy stuff, use it, damage it, return it late and still get your money back buy on Amazon.

@GON you received that warning because the seller filed a complaint against you with eBay. It could be something as innocuous as "buyer had unreasonable demands" or "buyer requested something that was not offered." The warning is sent out by what used to be the "eBay Appeal's Department," and is not an automated message. As far as I know, they are no longer customer-facing. Due to the pandemic, eBay took the opportunity and reorganized its customer service. Now, when you call eBay, you're most likely talking to someone that's sitting at home in their pajamas in some random corner of the world. They have very limited to no access to your account, so you can't rely on what they are telling you, at all.

The "Appeals Department" can be reached in writing though, via the eBay messaging system. Try to reply to the warning or call eBay and ask the person on the other end to put you in contact with the "Appeals Department" via email. It is important that you talk to them, otherwise, that will stay on your eBay record. It might not be visible to regular customer service, however, it can be used against you next time you have a claim.

Reactions: GON
I've been using eBay for more than 20 years, they don't have a phone to call.
I know someone who has EBay Concierge service on their seller account. There's definitely a human being on the other end of the phone.

My Omega Seamaster from a Ebay seller in Japan was a good deal. Certified genuine and by what I can see the watch had rarely been worn. I know it was real because it has patina on the hour hand, no fake seller would patina a fake. the casual underinformed buyer, who is looking for perfect, would never buy patina on a $2000 watch.

Back