Eagle Talon P0171

Sorry to bump this thread after so long, but I figured I'd update on what the actual issue was, cutting out at 3400 rpms.

I grabbed one of those little OBD2 bluetooth dongers off Amazon. I was able to scan it better than Autozone. Turns out I has a P0122 TPS circuit low. Reading scan data the sensor would intermittently drop out. This causes the car to go in limp mode, hence not going over 3400 RPM's. This would explain the weird throttle and bucking I had that night. The wiring was a little sketchy and some wires were bare, so those were repaired. No change. I was finally able to track down a new TPS sensor. Installed it the other day and after about 25 miles the code has not come back and the car runs considerably better. There's still other little issues with the car, but this one was making it almost un-drivable. The lean code also has not reappeared and fuel trims look somewhat decent for the state of the car.

Figure I'd give you guys somewhat of an update on this issue.

Still need to pull the actual throttle body and do a good cleaning. The local Carquest got me a new Fel Pro gasket since I figure the old one will fall apart. That was a feat in itself getting that part. As much as I like to get stuff local it seems Rock Auto keeps most of the parts I need for this ol' girl.

Last edited:
Back