Eagle One " Wax - As - You - Dry"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use it to detail the engine compartment. I spray it on everything (avoid the belts and the insides of electrical components)and wipe it off. You don't have to worry about wiping off the haze in the little nooks and crannies. Hoses look great.

What it really works on is the aluminum parts like the altenator. It seals them and they don't get that powdery corrosion look like do after a while. My metal parts look better than new.

Does this Eagle One product leave a haze you have to buff off? Reason I ask, I used the Dupont Teflon Spray Wax, which can be used wet or dry, this past weekend. It has some "genuine carnuba" in it. It leaves a very light haze that must be polished off, but it comes off like dust, very easy. I guess with that you can see spots you might have missed. But what I really wanted was a one-step product that will leave a nice slick coating on my clear coat. The Dupont leaves a very slick almost oily surface and made all the black rubber and plastic trim shine and look really nice. No problem there. Dupont is a good product but I didn't like having to polish off the haze.

No, Eagle One's Wax-As-U-Dry does not leave a haze that must be buffed off. It will occasionally leave a little smear that buffs easily - but only occasionally. I've used it several times, and I've tried using it both literally as the name suggests -and- after drying, misting the paint with the product and micro-fiber towelling it off. It works well either way.

I love the stuff too. I still do regular full details since you still cannot beat "real wax" for protection.

Wax as you dry is the perfect in between waxings maintenance and really does extend your waxing intervals, too.

I like using Mother's products. Does anyone know if they have a similar product? What about their 'Showtime' product. Can it be used in the same manner?

i don't think mother's has a wax-as-u-dry comparable product. if they do, they're hiding it on their website.

don't worry, even the freakishly anal detailers at autopia swear by the stuff.

I emailed Mothers' and the reply that I got was that you could use the Showtime product, but that a new product for this purpose was coming out in January in their 'Reflections' lineup....

I found another use for this stuff. When I get done washing my boat, I spray WAUD on the painted trailer. Then I dry it off. It looks great, gives it some protection, and I don't have to feel guilty about not taking care of the trailer.

I still use Meguiar's marine conventional waxes on the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back