Dusting of snow in Charlotte...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got a dusting of snow in Charlotte. Snow is rare here. This dusting is the most I have seen in the nearly three years I have been here.

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

The trusty Ranger did just fine despite 2WD and no weight in the back. Some people were actually abandoning their cars on the road though. One girl in a Protege just left the car in the middle of an intersection and walked off!

The DOT has killed the fun already. They dumped an insane amount of salt/sand on the roads and my truck is now covered top to bottom in the nasty stuff.

People were abandoning there cars on the road, that is not enough snow for me to get out the snowblower.

Here in the fine state of Georgia, that would be considered much more than a dusting. We had snow showers as well last night. I counted all 25 flakes that fell in my neighborhood.

That much snow in Texas = 200 - 300 wrecks, closed schools and gov't offices, and widespread power outages.

That much snow in my homestate of WY = wouldn't even be recognized as having snowed at all.

There were a good number of wrecks this morning. Some people just were not willing to slow down.

The roads are mostly clear now except for the salt/sand mess. I hope that stuff blows off the roads soon so I can wash my truck. It's filthy right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back