Dumb question...oiling K&N cabin air filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

I just did a complete K&N filter clean up for my cars and accidentally oiled one of the cabin air filter. Is this a bad thing for my health and a/C system?

Might smell a little funny but I don't see it causing any issues. At worst, it'll blow some oil onto your evap core, heater core, vent tubes, etc

Kinda ticked me off because I used a decent amount of oil on it too. I am probably going to take it out and clean it the oil off; I don’t want to risk sniffing cancerous fume.

Just went to the K&N website, I had no idea they sold a washable cabin air filter. I'd throw it in the trash and buy a disposable one.

No worries unless you used gear lube.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: M1Accord
All,

I just did a complete K&N filter clean up for my cars and accidentally oiled one of the cabin air filter. Is this a bad thing for my health and a/C system?

After applying K&N oil on AC filter I am expecting at least 10% bump in muscle tissue in driver, up to 5% in passengers. AT LEAST!

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Just went to the K&N website, I had no idea they sold a washable cabin air filter. I'd throw it in the trash and buy a disposable one.

Lol

I have one in each car and they work just fine. The rubber surround and media appears to be very high quality. I wasn’t expecting much (which is why I purchased from Amazon, so I could return it, if need be) but they’re very nice.

Kinda ticked me off because I used a decent amount of oil on it too. I am probably going to take it out and clean it the oil off; I don’t want to risk sniffing cancerous fume.

Be a test dummy - then await the toxicology results.
Wait...... never mind..... bad idea.

All,

It would be smart to toss it and buy disposible filters. K&N filters aren't smart.

Love the K&N hate here.

So many talk about "knocking the dust out," and that's ok. But a washable filter! Heresy! Torches and pitchforks!

I wish K&N made washable cabin filters for my cars.

Isn't K&N filter oil vegetable based oil anyway. I think you're overreacting to possible carcinogens, the carpet and plastic dash release 1000 times more carcinogens like formaldehyde into your cabin than an over oiled cabin filter.

I wouldn't want oil on my evap coil. I am not a huge fan of k&N filters. There was one installed on my buick when I bought it and I tossed it. I might be interested in a a Cabin air filter though since its not oiled. Cabin air filters are expensive and they last way less time in my opinion than an engine air filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back