Duluth Trading vs. Carhartt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which do you prefer? Ii currently need a coat for winter, and would like something other than my leather jacket which keeps me warm, but for things like snow-throwing or outside in snow it isn't meant. Really looking to see which company makes their clothing more durable, etc.

i love duluth trading. I have some carhartt stuff and I like their products too but duluth trading's lifetime warranty really does it for me. I ripped a shirt at work on a door knob (completely my fault) and I just sent it back and they sent me a new one for free. They do this for lifetime....pretty awesome deal.

duluth also has tall sizing which is nice since I'm 6'3" and relatively thin.

Last edited:
Duluth Trading sells excellent garments and accessories imho. Gemplers carries some quality brands, too.

Carhartt really slipped after electing to sew my work shirts in Bangladesh!

Duluth will be getting a flannel lined Action jacket for the winter. Duluth also stocks Darn Tough socks the toughest socks I have ever worn for steel toed boots warranty for life if ever you put a hole in one they will replace for a lifetime has not happened yet.

While I've never had one of their coats, I'm liking Duluth clothing better than Carhartt. My last two coats from Carhartt had terribly difficult zippers.
In Duluth, I have a shirt-jacket, flannel shirts, life-time belt, and fire hose flex pants. All of them have better fit and finish than past Carhart clothing. While they don't have a brick and mortar for me to try on clothes, their return labels and packaging make it a snap to order two sizes and return the one that doesn't work.
BTW, I wear one size smaller than normal in their upper body garments.

Carhartt geek here I guess, Like most things you get what you pay for the stuff lasts me for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back