Dude, Wal-Mart Rocks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short story here,

in my home town, the Wal-Mart prices weren't all that incredible, so I usually opted for the rebate route with AAP or other Auto Parts stores because they saved me a few more bucks.

I recently moved about an hour and a half away from my old hometown due to a new job, and as a result I'm closer to another city that's a few thousand people larger. I decided to check out their auto parts stores and I saw a few oils I haven't seen in stores, but after supper we went to the Wal-Mart there to buy groceries, so I took a look on my "man time" at some of the oils they had. (BITOG, you have made me a nerd)

I was pleasantly surprised! I started looking at synthetics and what caught my eye first was that Quaker State UD was only $20.54 for a 5.1 qt bottle. Zing! Pennzoil Platinum was only four bucks more, and even Mobil 1 was $26. I was accustomed to seeing all of these jugs go for $30 or more at my old Wally world. What a difference!

Even Castrol, which was $18 at my hometown, was $13 here. Man.

I called my wife over and I said this is where we are buying oil now, she said wow, those are good prices, I said yes ma'am, so I am pretty much through with rebates for the time being! :)

Just wanted to share my findings!

Last edited:
shop around for that L120 camera...that is overpriced. i paid 199 for it a couple months ago here in canada...you should be able to find it much cheaper in the US....but in all honesty you should look for a diffrent/better camera...it's not super spectacular....picture quality is not as good as i expected it to be.

Zerosoma, glad to see your wife is on side with the oil prices...you now have Carte blanche to fill your stash and sleep well at night...
lol.gif

Last edited:
Why not buy from Walmart and get rebates? I got the 5qt QS UD Full Synthetic for $10 after rebate that way.

Those lower prices are the same for all Walmart's I have been to, whether they are in affluent areas or not.

Seriously wondering what is up with your first Walmart. Maybe they have little competition in the area and are taking advantage.

What are the prices for 5qt Supertech, PYB & Motorcraft blend? Supertech is $10 where I live, PYB $12 and once upon a time MC was $10, but I was shocked to see it at $18 now.

Originally Posted By: rjacket
Why not buy from Walmart and get rebates? I got the 5qt QS UD Full Synthetic for $10 after rebate that way.

Those lower prices are the same for all Walmart's I have been to, whether they are in affluent areas or not.

Seriously wondering what is up with your first Walmart. Maybe they have little competition in the area and are taking advantage.

What are the prices for 5qt Supertech, PYB & Motorcraft blend? Supertech is $10 where I live, PYB $12 and once upon a time MC was $10, but I was shocked to see it at $18 now.

Supertech was $10 for a 5 qt Conventional, about the same price as QSUD for synthetic. Motocraft blend was like $14.

I didn't think the Rebates worked with Wal-Mart. Do they with you? All the rebates I get say "only for Advance Auto Parts". Usually Wal-Mart isn't the participating retailer...

Originally Posted By: 45ACP
I can only dream of how much the Nikon camera i want presently selling at $225, the Coolpix L120 here http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng....ch_constraint=0 will go down to either on Friday or at 10PM Thanksgiving night (Black Friday from home, early! Hallelujah.) Any ideas?

At first I thought this was spam, but then I realized that the first two replies to my thread had absolutely nothing to do with the conversation...

Heck out here in PA supertech is like $9.75 for the SM stuff, that I got the last two 5qt jugs of this mid morning while doing stuff with the g.f. Pennzoil platinum was $23 for the SM stuff in 5w20. The PU was completely gone from the shelfs. The wal mart near my work in next county over is little bigger in automotive section.

All the ST oils in conventional blue bottle/jugs out here are $9.75 so thats a good price in my book.

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
Supertech was $10 for a 5 qt Conventional, about the same price as QSUD for synthetic.

Are you sure? If so then this is a great price.

I didn't think the Rebates worked with Wal-Mart. Do they with you? All the rebates I get say "only for Advance Auto Parts". Usually Wal-Mart isn't the participating retailer...

Yes some rebates are not retailer specific. Go to the manufacturer's website to find those, rather than the retailer who wants you to buy from them!

I can only dream of how much the Nikon camera i want presently selling at $225, the Coolpix L120 here http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng....ch_constraint=0 will go down to either on Friday or at 10PM Thanksgiving night (Black Friday from home, early! Hallelujah.) Any ideas?

.45ACP, check the 'Rebates' thread here. A fellow BITOG member has posted several major retailers Black Friday sales including WM, BBY, Cabela's, etc.

At first I thought this was spam, but then I realized that the first two replies to my thread had absolutely nothing to do with the conversation...

I have noticed the same thing with 98% of this members post's. completely off topic, brain farts, or just plain post whoring. it gets old reading threads that have nothing to do with the subject posted by the OP. its been getting really bad lately.

As for walmarts, i have alot in my area. they all carry the same oils and have the same prices, but they are carry different amounts of each oils. if you cant find the oil in one, doesnt mean the others dont have it on the shelves.

Little tip next time you are at Walmart. They do a NOCO battery treatment for $2. It's something that is hard to get wrong so I trusted them with it while I watched.

I noticed some corrosion on my negative terminal which prompted me to avail of the service. Being a noob on these matters, I watched with surprise as the tech poured water onto the negative terminal and the corrosion disappeared. Then he sprayed both terminals and now they are protected.

He didn't even charge me the $2. Beats buying a can for yourself if you do such things infrequently

Last edited:
I think the best walmart deal on oil I ever ran into was Valvoline Maxlife 5w-30 and 10w-30 for $11.50 for the 5 quart jug. I grabbed four jugs. Couple days later hit a different Walmart hoping to find some more but the price was $20. easy come easy go I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back